Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Question about putting sweet potato in cholent

lucky14

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 2:46 pm
I want to add some sweet potato to my cholent, can I just add it to my regular cholent recipe or will it taste weird- basically do I have to season it differently or will it taste fine with what I regularly do (I put ketchup, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika).

tichellady

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 2:47 pm
It tastes good, don't see any reason you would need to adapt it

Stars

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 2:48 pm
I once added sweet potato to my cholent and it killed the whole thing

miami85

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 2:51 pm
My husband does it all the time with the same "recipe" it tastes a little bit different, but a good different. I dont' really notice the "difference" much.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 2:53 pm
You don't need to change anything. Just expect it to be different. It kind of falls apart in a cholent, doesn't hold up the same way white potato. Taste is different too. Can be great.

cla

Post Fri, Apr 21 2017, 4:56 pm
If you don't want it to flavor the whole cholent, put it in whole along one of the ends of the crock pot. If you cut it up it will become mush. You can leave it scrubbed and unpeeled if you have sweet potato lovers and haters in your family, as I do.

lucky14

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:28 pm
cla wrote:
If you don't want it to flavor the whole cholent, put it in whole along one of the ends of the crock pot. If you cut it up it will become mush. You can leave it scrubbed and unpeeled if you have sweet potato lovers and haters in your family, as I do.

You're right, as you and another person mentioned it did fall apart. I like this idea, I'll do this next time.
Thanks everyone for your responses!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics