Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ideas for Shabbos appropriate group games for 9 yo girls

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:23 am
DD is turning 9 and we're planning on making her a low key birthday party with a few friends from the neighborhood (10 max) on a Shabbos afternoon.

We have the food figured out but we're at a bit of a loss when it comes to entertaining a bunch of girls for 2 hours. They can only spend so much time eating, right? If the party was on a Sunday then we'd do a project of some sort, but that doesn't work on Shabbos. Board games don't usually accommodate more than 4-6 players so that's a no go.

All ideas and suggestions are welcome! Thanks a million!

challahchallah

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:08 am
You can find some games that work well for bigger groups--Charades, Apples to Apples, and Trivial Pursuit Jr are a few that come to mind, but anything that you can play in teams would be good.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 2:06 pm
Try a game like sardines (it's the reverse of hide and go seek) - one person hides and everyone counts. Whenever a girl finds the hider, she hides with them. This goes on until all the girls but one are hiding together - when the last one comes, they yell 'sardine!' but the perk of being sardine is that you get to be the hider next! The hider has to pick a place big enough to accommodate the group, but it's not too hard (I remember hiding in closets, or the shower, or under the stairs, or behind the door in a room with the light off. We could play this for an hour easy at that age.

Another good game is to write up a bunch of people or objects on cards and each girl sticks one to her forehead without seeing it, but facing out so that everyone else can (if shabbos, you can try clipping them on or taping them to baseball caps before shabbos). Then the girls have to all ask each other questions to figure out who or what they are. I think we played this at every party I had from age 7-11. Always a hit.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:18 pm
Gather a bunch of items from around your house. Divide the girls into groups and provide them with a bag full of props. They have to create a cute skit involving all the props in the bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children