Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Stocked fridge, pantry, and freezer

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:57 pm
What foods do you have for in between meals when your kids are hungry, or just want a snack? Thanx.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:58 pm
I wish I had more fruits and cut up veggies around.
But my kids are still little.

Miri7

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 3:00 pm
Fruit. Tons of fruit. But then they also go into the crackers, pretzels. They especially like cheese and crackers.

mommish613

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 3:02 pm
Trying prepping some fruits and veggies- cut, peeled and ready to eat on the dinner table before your kids come home. It works very well in our house esp if dinner isn't ready the second they walk in.

emzod42

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 3:16 pm
This site has some good ideas:
http://www.superhealthykids.co.....awer/

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 4:36 pm
Fruit
Hummus
Cheese
Avocado/guacamole
Chicken poppers
Nuts

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 4:40 pm
Cereal and milk, bananas, cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread to eat toasted with peanut butter, Trader Joe's boxed soups

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
What foods do you have for in between meals when your kids are hungry, or just want a snack? Thanx.

Apples
Clementines
Bananas
Plums and Peaches (summer only)
Yogurts
String Cheese
Hard Eggs (and slicer)
Frozen Pizza
Hot Dogs
Turkey Breast
Bread and Buns
Crackers
Nuts
Fruit Ice Pops

I wish I had time to keep cut veggies in the fridge. The kids eat fruit whole but not vegetables. We serve vegetables at dinner.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 2:18 pm
Bump

essie14

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 1:40 am
My kids eat tons of fruit
I also leave out the leftovers from dinner and it's always gone by the time the last kid goes to sleep. My kids are older teens and ALWAYS hungry. They would eat shnitzel for midnight snack every day if I had it in the fridge. Leftovers never become tomorrow's meal in my house because the kids will search out whatever is in the fridge and eat it.
We also have instant soups, pretzels, crackers, granola bars and cereal always available.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 2:49 am
When I had a house full of teens food was just vaporized. Fruits, nuts, cheese, veggies, nut butters, leftovers it didn't matter. They were respective of labels, if something was being held back for someones lunch, or items defrosting for dinner. They all cooked and were quite good about cleaning up so I really had no complaints.

I would not tolerate the whine, '... but we're out of...'. If you finished the last of something and didn't write it on the list, tough. Remember to put it on the darn list.

Of course it all changes once someone gets a DL, 'Mom, we're out of xxx can I have a $5 and I'll run to the store and get some?' Me:' No son that's ok, I took that off the menu for this week since we were out, we can get some with next week shopping if it's on the list.'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children