Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
17 yr old dd birthday

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:33 am
Any ideas what I can buy, do for, celebrate with my dd for her 17th birthday? Maybe ideas with and without her younger siblings, and/ or friends? My budget for a gift is 50$. Thanx

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:42 am
I got DD a nice perfume for her 18th birthday.

Can you all go out to Pizza to celebrate? Or bake/buy a cake?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:02 pm
second vote for nice bottle of perfume ... and go out together for a mommy & dd manicure

cm

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:12 pm
She might appreciate a gift related to her hobbies or special interests.

Does your family enjoy celebrating together? Maybe the younger siblings might like to prepare a dinner or dessert for her.

Is there something she would like to do with her friends? My experience is that teens don't want their parents to plan anything for them, but might appreciate a ride to whatever they have in mind.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:07 pm
Bump

Fox

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:06 am
I'd go with something that could turn into an adult collection in the future.

Fragrance is definitely a possibility -- you could get her a sample box from Sephora to introduce her to various fragrance notes along with a book or video about fragrance.

If that wouldn't appeal to her, what about a charm bracelet or something similar? The Pandora bracelets and similar ones were popular a few years ago, but I don't know if they still are.

Or what about a nice-quality handbag, wristlet, or wallet? I'm thinking along the lines of classic Coach, Cole Haan, or Etienne Aigner on the secondary market. When my girls were about that age, I got Coach wristlets on Ebay and briefly reigned as the best mother in the world.

Monogrammed jewelry is another nice item that can be worn into adulthood. Etsy has tons of vendors who make nice but reasonably-priced items.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children