Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you watch Lost?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
thank you! when I tell people that I like spoilers for movies, shows and books they look at me like I'm an alien. I'm so happy to hear there are others out there like me.
this is a reason why I can't watch a show that's not completed yet. I cant wait from one week to next and not be able to google/ask.

😊 I'm with you!! And I also never met anyone else who likes knowing the ending first!
One thing I remember reading was that many of the 'flashbacks' on the show turn out to actually be flash forwards which sounds really interesting. They're flashes of the lives of people who leave the island.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:54 pm
I see they also have something called flash sideway. okay. I'll wait patiently. I'm just happy to hear that I don't have to anticipate someone dying every episode. just watched boone die and I cried. hate when they kill sweet characters.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 3:05 pm
My MIL often reads the last page or few pages of a book to see how it turns out, then she keeps reading and finishes the book, so you're hardly alone in liking spoilers.

I always thought she was crazy to do that!

DH and I watched Lost. I loved the show, hated the ending. I can't remember it all exactly, but I think I was pretty unclear on what exactly the resolution was even right after I watched it.

anon because other people know my MIL and her strange habit with books.

Zehava

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 6:24 pm
There will be more deaths but it's a great watch. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Zehava

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 6:25 pm
And I even liked the ending! I think it was a nice wrap. It flashed between scenes of the actual ending on the island, and everyone together happily going into the afterlife.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:08 am
Zehava wrote:
And I even liked the ending! I think it was a nice wrap. It flashed between scenes of the actual ending on the island, and everyone together happily going into the afterlife.

Me too! I bawled my eyes out when I watched it...

Best show ever!

And OP, if you think Boone's death is sad, just wait until the end of season three...one of the most tragic test-jerking TV deaths ever aired. Imho anyways

smother29

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:06 am
It was not all a dream, the writers said that it all really happened. No one can really spoil it for you because there is so much controversy about the ending.

My understanding was that it was a metaphor. To me it was sort of how the matrix was based on Kabbalah ideas. The idea in lost was that it was all about Jack, the show opens with his eye opening. It was all a set up for him as a test to see what he will do and will he do the right thing when the critical moment comes. Everything was set up for him to hopefully read the signs and fulfill his purpose. (there is a critical moment where he has to make a decision at the end of the series) Just like our life which is also set up as a series of tests for us to work through. There was also the idea that by connecting to and loving others along the way we can be helped in getting through it.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 7:19 am
The ending is HORRIBLE, most disappointing...

groovy1224

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:45 am
I don't remember THAT well because it was years ago, but I remember reading that everything you saw happened. When they get to the flash sideways parts, that was kind of a purgatory for all the characters where they had to deal with all the issues they each had- for Jack it was his relationship with his father, for Sawyer it was seeing what kind of man he was, etc. etc. The final scene was all of those who had worked through it all and were able to 'move on' so to speak. That's why some characters weren't there- like Michael who had killed Anna Lucia and Libby- he was unable to move on and had to stay on the Island as one of those whispers.

This is all making me feel like I need to binge watch the whole thing again. Which I do NOT have time for!!

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
Me too! I bawled my eyes out when I watched it...

Best show ever!

And OP, if you think Boone's death is sad, just wait until the end of season three...one of the most tragic test-jerking TV deaths ever aired. Imho anyways

thank you for this spoiler. now I googled it and am gonna mentally prepare myself. it's going to be hard to part with that character.
I also read ending of books once the plot thickens so I can understand how it all makes sense and ties up. I enjoy the story more.

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:07 am
Charlies death was hard. He was one of the sweetest characters on the show.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:28 am
Zehava wrote:

agree. he's a dear. random question: in beginning of season 1 his nails were sort of black. why? from drug use? it didn't look like chipped nail polish. also, what was the bandages he put on his fingers and wrote on it all about?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:45 am
I watched every episode each season religiously even while my disdain for the show was growing. Cliffhangers never resolved. Teasers that went nowhere. Yet I loved the characters and I hoped for some semblance of closure. Also, I watched with my teen-aged son so there was some bonding going on.
After the finale I had one word: "WHAT"? Worst series ever (that I loved to watch)!!!

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
agree. he's a dear. random question: in beginning of season 1 his nails were sort of black. why? from drug use? it didn't look like chipped nail polish. also, what was the bandages he put on his fingers and wrote on it all about?

I think it was the drugs. Not sure about the writing I watched it a while back.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:48 am
Zehava wrote:

I rather liked Charlie, but most people I knew despised him, and were happy he was gone.

Rather like Nikki and Paolo, who were killed off because they were hated.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:51 am
I love Sawyer. something about those dimples and deep blue eyes that no matter what he does he can do no wrong. knowing his back story also helped by he's my fave character.

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:02 pm
I loved most of the characters, the persian whats-his-name, jack, sawyer, the girl, the fat one....
Gosh mommy brain is a killer

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:14 pm
Zehava wrote:
I loved most of the characters, the persian whats-his-name, jack, sawyer, the girl, the fat one....
Gosh mommy brain is a killer

Sayid.

Which girl? Kate?

Hurley.

But the one I most adored was Daniel Faraday.

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:18 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Sayid.

Which girl? Kate?

Hurley.

Thank you lol. Yeah kate. Those freckles. And how she killed her daddy. She had sawyer and Jack both in the palm of her hand. And anna lucia should have stayed she's such an amazing actress.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:48 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Sayid.

Which girl? Kate?

Hurley.

Oh, but faraday's death was horrible!
Kinda liked miles too. And the Scottish dude pressing the numbers? And the blond from the other side of the island? What's her name again? Gosh my memory's going...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics