Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
In Israel for 24 hours- how should I spend my time?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:27 pm
I'm IYH going to be in Israel alone (without husband or children) for a little over 24 hours. I will have approx 10 hours free before I have to leave for the airport. I will be in Yerushalayim. How should I spend that time aside from going to daven at the kotel? I would like for my free time to be as meaningful as possible.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:30 pm
I am not a museum person generally, but I strongly recommend the Israel museum. Truly spectacular.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:
I'm IYH going to be in Israel alone (without husband or children) for a little over 24 hours. I will have approx 10 hours free before I have to leave for the airport. I will be in Yerushalayim. How should I spend that time aside from going to daven at the kotel? I would like for my free time to be as meaningful as possible.

I'd spend most of the day in the Old City, at the kotel, City of David, Tunnels, etc. That could take the whole 10 hours.

Shuly

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 6:40 pm
I would take a taxi to Kever Rochel, have the driver wait for you for 15 minutes and then bring you to the Old City.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 12:38 pm
Take the 163 bus to Kever Rochel

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 1:07 pm
Kotel ...and daven inside in the tunnels
Kever rachel
Kever shmuel hanovi

Machane yehuda shuk
Beit yisrael and meah sharim
Eat shwarma in bucharin close to yechezkel...

There is more...but the list is only a suggestion for 24 hours

MyUsername

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 3:19 pm
You could go to Yad V'Shem - the holocaust museum. It's heavy but very well done and appropriate for Yom HaShoah this week.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:01 am
Buy a coffee for a soldier, help an old lady cross the street, say a kind work to an overworked clerk, ask someone how their day is going, put a few coins in the pushke.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:05 am
challahchallah wrote:
I am not a museum person generally, but I strongly recommend the Israel museum. Truly spectacular.

I went on my last trip. It was my last day of a tiring trip so put that into perspective. BUT..that being said, I did not enjoy myself. I agree to do old city stuff: kotel tunnels, davidson center, temple institute, churva shul, ir david.

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:24 am
One of the things we liked best was the virtual reality experience of the beit hamikdash.

We did it at the Jewish Music Museum http://kikar-hamusica.com/en/t.....usic/ , which is an awesome place, but I think they have it available near the Kotel too.

heidi

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
Buy a coffee for a soldier, help an old lady cross the street, say a kind work to an overworked clerk, ask someone how their day is going, put a few coins in the pushke.

Totally off topic, but I just have to say how amazingly valued my soldier son feels when civilians pay for him in restaurants. It's happened a couple of times and although he and his friends always protest, a lot, in the end if they do get treated, they feel like a million bucks. They put their lives on the line every day and it feels so good to them to have appreciation shown by everyday citizens.

momofone613

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:37 pm
Old city, kotel, and shuk! If u have money/time, take taxi to kever rochel!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions