Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kia sedona

twogees

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:45 pm
Does anyone have the sedona lx? Just found an 07 with decent mileage that we can afford and want to see if anyone has it and what their take on it is...

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:11 pm
We don't have it, but make sure you sit inside, preferably with your family, and make sure you're comfortable with it. We also heard great things about it, but when we sat inside and took it for a test drive, it felt far more cramped than a Sienna or Odyssey.

twogees

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:22 pm
How more cramped was it? Is it significantly more or just a bit?

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:03 pm
To us it was sufficiently cramped that we both nixed it after test driving, and I had read similar comments in online reviews regarding the interior space. Obviously other people drive them and it works for them. It may also have to do with how many kids you plan to transport on a regular basis. That's why I suggested getting inside and seeing for yourself if it will be comfortable long-term.

lfab

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:11 pm
We have an 08 Kia Sedona (don't know which model) that we bought used about 5 1/2 years ago. So far we are pretty happy with it. Not sure how the spaciousness (or lack thereof) compares to the toyota or honda. I do know that the ride is definitely not as smooth or as quiet as the toyota (we drove my mother's sienna a few months ago and it was much smoother to drive. But then again hers is also basically brand new so that could definitely be a factor). In terms of mechanical stuff, B"H so far we have had no problems, only routine maintenance. The biggest drawback is that there are only 7 seats, while the toyota and honda have 8. There are definitely times when it would be nice to have that extra seat, especially since I gave birth recently and we now fill up all the seats.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 5:15 pm
I'd be very hesitant to buy a 10 yo Sedona. They are not known to have a long life, and IIRC you've been doing research which leads to me to believe you are not desperate for something as much as want to research and find the best car for you as an investment.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 5:20 pm
lfab wrote:
We have an 08 Kia Sedona (don't know which model) that we bought used about 5 1/2 years ago. So far we are pretty happy with it. Not sure how the spaciousness (or lack thereof) compares to the toyota or honda. I do know that the ride is definitely not as smooth or as quiet as the toyota (we drove my mother's sienna a few months ago and it was much smoother to drive. But then again hers is also basically brand new so that could definitely be a factor). In terms of mechanical stuff, B"H so far we have had no problems, only routine maintenance. The biggest drawback is that there are only 7 seats, while the toyota and honda have 8. There are definitely times when it would be nice to have that extra seat, especially since I gave birth recently and we now fill up all the seats.

We have a kia sedona lx 2017 with eight seats. I find it super comfortable, spacious and a smooth drive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics