Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Shiurim lakewood

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 3:06 pm
I'm looking to go to a shiur. I know there's a list. Can someone tell me which one is the best? I would go either at night or day. I'm looking for someone that's good. That I can learn from. I'm really missing spirituality.

Preferably something that's weekly.

So if you go, who do you like? (Can tell me why too)

sky

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 4:15 pm
I think Mrs Shanik has a list of shiurim - and she may give some herself - you can try calling her to ask.

Rebbetzin Cohen gives a great shiur. She is very engaging and easy to listen to. Its very 'basic' and down to earth. Nothing inside but amazing strengthening of amunah and trust in Hashem. Its basically: tefillah, tznius, thankful to Hashem, shalom bayis, chinuch, strengthening our home and yomim tovim stresses.
I believe she speaks one morning a week in her husband's shul and Tuesday evening in someone's basement. There is also a call in number with a pin but they charge a nominal fee to cover it.
Between all her speeches she pulls in a diverse crowd.

Personally I would also love to find a shiur inside - like on neviim or kesuvim, but don't have time in my life to go anyways now.

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 3:58 pm
Thanks so much for your time. Can I hear mrs shaniks shiurim on any place before I go to hear her? I want to know if she's my style. Nothing negative I just want someone that is a good match for me. I listenbetter that way.

Thank you for your time.

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 6:29 pm
sky wrote:

Personally I would also love to find a shiur inside - like on neviim or kesuvim, but don't have time in my life to go anyways now.

Contact Partners in Torah. It's not a shiur but rather learning over the phone bechevrusa, They usually pair someone with a strong formal Torah education to someone who is of limited background, which is the main idea, but it's worth asking if they would match you up with someone with a background as strong as your own or stronger. If they won't, because it doesn't shtim with their mission, they may be able to direct you to a program that has more of what you're looking for. And there are lots of shiurim you can listen to online at your convenience.

LO

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 11:32 am
Bump...Wondering about this too...I know there is a list of shiurim someplace, it used to be in one of the publications...anyone has any idea how I can find it? Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics