Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
BOYS CHABAD YESHIVA HS MIAMI

imato5

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 5:55 pm
Is there a boys yeshiva hs in miami that has an english program as well? any info you have about it would be great

ally

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 5:56 pm
imato5 wrote:
Is there a boys yeshiva hs in miami that has an english program as well? any info you have about it would be great

Not Chabad.

imato5

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 6:07 pm
I heard about a place called klurman?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 6:27 pm
There is mechina of south Florida in Miami Beach. And toras emes in nmb. Plus other schools that are modern Orthodox. I think there may be a new boys hs or two that are less yeshivish and a bit less mainstream.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 6:29 pm
Yes Klurman is a Chabad HS with English in Miami. What would you like to know? I have friends who send and dorm.

imato5

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 7:15 pm
oh thanks!!! what kind of boys does the school attract? where do a lot of them come from? Is the english very hard? and is there supervision in the dorms? Thanks so much

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 7:34 pm
It is a smaller school, maybe 30 kids in the whole High School. It attracts a lot of boys from South Florida who either don't want to move far away or their parents want to keep them close. I think the dorm is pretty empty on Shabbos. The families who I know who send the kids sleep in the dorm during the week and come home on Shabbos. I think the English good, not super challenging but not a low level either. The boys get a HS diploma I believe after finishing. I believe it is a 3 year program with school on Sunday. The boys I know who go there are from good frum Chabad families and the kids themselves are nice frum kids. I have heard some people complain about the location. I think it's pretty close to South Beach but I'm not sure. Have heard very good things about the teachers and Rabbi's and no supervision issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children