Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Echo and Refuah Resources
1  2  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:46 am
Do they actually research the doctors before they give them to you or do they work off of kickbacks from the doctors?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:03 am
They really do lots of research have first hand testimonial experience with the doctors and know what they're talking about. No kickbacks. When they haven't had any suggestions under my insurance I have been able to give them my list of doctors in network on my insurance and they told me which of the lot was best. This has been my experience with refuah.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:09 am
Are you asking because you are in need of a doctor? If yes, you can pm me. I have a lot of experience with both.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:06 pm
Refuah Resources gave me three doctors and I asked them if the names of other doctors I got were good and she said no. I called them back later that to get an appointment was a long time and I asked her again about the other doctors and she responded she never heard of them and I replied didn't you say yesterday they were no good and she started mumbling. Echo is saying all the doctors are good and on the same level.

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:35 pm
Speak to shuki berman he is a mumcha. Yes shuki knows a lot. He's very reliable.

Op, why did you ask her again if you had already asked yesterday?were you trying to get her? Something is off here. Anyway shuki is very reliable. And so is rabbi kenigsburg

Librarian

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 3:30 pm
I think they are instructed to say that they never heard of a doctor that they would not recommend rather than say that the doctor is no good. Safer for them.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 7:23 pm
I asked her about the other doctors again because I can't wait six weeks for an appointment!!!
I left a message for Shuki but somebody else returned the call.

harriet

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:17 pm
playgroup morah wrote:
I think they are instructed to say that they never heard of a doctor that they would not recommend rather than say that the doctor is no good. Safer for them.

Wait, but what if they really never heard of a doctor (presumably they haven't heard of every doctor in the country)? Based on what you're claiming, if they say that they haven't heard of someone (truthfully), now I'm going to think they don't recommend him/her. How is that fair to doctors they truly aren't familiar with?

Am I missing something?

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:28 pm
Harriet, your thinking too much. Echo and refuah do a phenomenal job. You don't have to ask them their recommendations. No one has to. It's a free service.

I have absolutely no connection personally with them. I'm just trying to say it's not fair to be negative with someone that's giving you free advice. If you don't want to don't ask them anything.

harriet

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:06 pm
sourstix wrote:
Harriet, your thinking too much. Echo and refuah do a phenomenal job. You don't have to ask them their recommendations. No one has to. It's a free service.

I have absolutely no connection personally with them. I'm just trying to say it's not fair to be negative with someone that's giving you free advice. If you don't want to don't ask them anything.

I'm not sure what you're saying.

I use Echo all the time and have been very happy with them. I'm not trying to say anything negative.

I am questioning what someone said about them saying they don't know a doctor when actually they mean they don't recommend him/her. I'm wondering if they really operate like that and that would be a piece of information I'd want to (and I think deserve to) know since it has applied to me (I've called and asked about some doctors who they've said they're not familiar with them and I believed that. If they were really trying to warn me to stay away, I'd want to know that.

I was also pointing out that it doesn't seem to be an effective way of saying something because then when there are doctors they truly don't know (and there must be some instances of that) people will think they're being warned to stay away.

So basically, I'm trying to find out if the claim made above is true, because I would need to know if that is indeed how they operate. There was no intention to make a judgment here.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 11:45 pm
To clarify it was Refuah Resources that said at first no good to the dr and then said after they don't know the dr.
Echo had no issue with any of the doctors

Librarian

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 8:27 am
I mean Refuah Resourses. Don't know about Echo. They are doing a wonderful (and as mentioned FREE) service for our community. You are right, we may not always know if they truly do not recommend the doctor or if they simply never heard of him. Perhaps by speaking to Shuki Berman himself you would get a clearer understanding. Either way, they are entitled to protect themselves.

bmom1

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 6:58 pm
Can someone explain to me what Echo is and a contact number for them? Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:00 pm
bmom1 wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Echo is and a contact number for them? Thank you!

It's a medical referral agency. You can tell them about a medical issue and they will try to refer to a good doctor that can help.
(845) 425-9750

bmom1

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:03 pm
Is it only for New York or countrywide? Thank you!

bmom1

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:00 pm

happyone

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:06 pm
I trust Refuah Helpline based out of monroe NY. Try they research their doctors before referring. 8457822000. None of these organizations get kickbacks.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:46 pm
And take e/t they tell you with a grain of salt. speaking of bad experience with a specific org.

crust

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:51 pm
It depends what type of referral you are looking for. If it is Medical then Refuah Helpline is great.

crust

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:52 pm
bmom1 wrote:

Refuah Helpline helps people worldwide. So does Shuki.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries