Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for a woman in critical condition from birth
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 8:59 pm
Dr. Lebowitz's floor in kimball is a privately run facility, separate from the rest of the hospital. He is known for weaning people off of respirators, and for his excellent hospice care. It was actually the best place for her to be.

sourstix

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:14 pm
Thanks for telling this to me. I'm not along term Lakewood resident so I don't know the ins and outs

studying_torah

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 9:22 pm
Bde what a terrible tragedy.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 10:45 pm
BDE I'm so sorry to hear this.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 1:33 am
I'm so saddened by this😢. Bde!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 6:47 am
I have a strong feeling that her neshama stayed around until she knew that her baby would be OK, and that her family would have the support they needed. Only then, did she feel like she was free to leave this world and enter Olam h'Emes.

May her friends and family be comforted by her memory.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 8:48 am
Do the doctors give an inkling of what happened here?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:03 am
amother wrote:

I thought I heard it was a blood clot to the brain but not 100% sure.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:30 am
amother wrote:

I heard it was an amniotic embolism that went to the heart and caused a heart attack. The exact details dont matter. No one goes into the hospitalto have a baby and thinks they are going to die

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 12:59 pm
sorry to hear of her loss ~ may her neshama watch over her family from heaven

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:48 pm
sourstix wrote:
Oy I really don't want to say anything to hurt anyone. Kimball hospital in Lakewood is a bad hospital. There must be a very good reason she was taken there instead of the great hospital s in New York. I'm just not understanding this. Unless they wanted this particular doctor.

Bde Hashem knows best. Can someone explain? Ok if this is too hurtful then disregard. I'm just shocked to have read this unless something is missing here

Also, I know that in the past few years they've really tried improving the hospital, making it part of a large heath care system and actually changing the name to Monomuth medical caenter, southern campus (MMCSC- though everyone still calls it Kimbell), adding departments, etc. If you drive by it now they have all kinds of new things to it

sourstix

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:54 pm
Whatever they are doing isn't helping cuz hatzala doesn't want to go there. Kimball is so incompetent it's sad to think about it. But I guess she needed to be there and had a good doctor and Hashem knows best.

The crazier part is that New York hospitals kicked her out. What a shame. Look I understand kin of why they do this but it's beginning to get me nervous.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 2:58 pm
sourstix wrote:
Whatever they are doing isn't helping cuz hatzala doesn't want to go there. Kimball is so incompetent it's sad to think about it. But I guess she needed to be there and had a good doctor and Hashem knows best.

The crazier part is that New York hospitals kicked her out. What a shame. Look I understand kin of why they do this but it's beginning to get me nervous.

Not necessarily true. I know someone who was ill with a stomach virus and hatzala took her there. They were told that Kimball (or MMMSC Very Happy) has good ER doctors. BH they were able to treat her ASAP. Again, Im not saying I would go there with any emergency, just they arent as bad as they used to be

Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 9:51 pm
sourstix wrote:

She was under the care of Maimonides when she fell into the coma.
Family transferred her to Columbia Pres.
And then to Kimball as a second transfer.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 27 2017, 10:37 pm
sourstix wrote:

So basically, NY hospitals will pull the plug a whole lot quicker then NJ hospitals?? No wonder, everyone is moving to Lakewood.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:20 am
This was different then just being in kimball. Under Dr. Leibowitz pple have great care. Alot of pple transfer to lakewood to be cared by him.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:55 pm
amother wrote:
So basically, NY hospitals will pull the plug a whole lot quicker then NJ hospitals?? No wonder, everyone is moving to Lakewood.

The law in NYS, with a diagnosis of "brain death" is that a facility must have a policy dictating how long they will give the family (presumably to say goodbye), regardless of religious or other objections, before removing life support. In this case it seems Columbia says 24 hours. An organization called Chayim Aruchim helped the family to get Mimi a'h transferred to Kimball, because NJ state law does not allow a facility to "pull the plug" if the family has religious objections.

At her levaya, many of the maspidim said they were sure that Hashem gave Mimi these 4 months because of the amazing things that Klall Yisrael was doing in her zechus.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:30 am
What's the address where they are sitting shiva?

MrsEsther

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
What's the address where they are sitting shiva?

They are sitting at 1391 east 12th street Between Elm Ave and Avenue N

MrsEsther

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:42 pm
Levaya video: http://syhebra.com/live-stream/

Arayat speech: http://www.learntorah.com/m/sh.....10163
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed