Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at Home Ideas-Desperate!! Please help!
Previous  1  2  3

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 12:36 am
I don't know if selling interests you BUT if you have any kind of muscle or joint pain you may want to try using the creams my husband and I manufacture in Israel because we are looking for people who are interested in selling them from home. This is not multi level marketing. This is just us looking for people that have an interest in health and helping people deal with various issues. Obviously, this is not a full time or paid by the hour job. But it's something you can do on the side IF IT'S APPROPRIATE FOR YOU AND YOUR PERSONALITY. The income is good (25% to 30% on each item sold and each item costs $39.99. Do the math).
Hatzlacha.

DVOM

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:14 am
Oh dear, this sounds really tough. I don't want to be a downer, but realistically, I just don't think what your looking for is out there. Just out of curiosity, I just googled jobs that make more than 25 $ an hour without a degree. There are jobs out there, but you might really need to think out of the box and be willing to retrain. Here's the short list: Purchasing agent for farm products, animation artists, divorce mediators, landscape artists, real estate agent, personal trainer. I was also thinking that if you are crafty and enjoy creating anything you can open an Etsy shop. On another note, I think you may be looking at this backward. Perhaps think instead about what you are passionate about, what excites and motivates you, and then see if that interest can be harnessed to make you some money.

DVOM

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:17 am
One of my neighbors is an amazing baker, for years all the neighbors have been telling her that she could sell her stuff. Well, she is now doing brisk business catering small affairs such as brisim and kiddushim and has left her full-time job to do this exclusively. I think success for many people comes from doing something that you love, not stating how much money you need and trying to think about what you can do to get it in the least number of working hours possible.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 4:22 am
I also have a neighbor who left being a high school principal (!!!) to become a caterer. It's pretty wild. She's doing very nicely though.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:01 am
speech writing.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 5:23 am
I hear can u self learn computer programming on utube. Maybe someone here can give a lead of what to learn to get a home job.

Writing annuals and iep for therapists. U got to find one or two therapists maybe if do it for a great price and then word will spread. Could probably even do their session billing.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 11:13 am
I have a short term job for you if you want. Maybe like 10 hours total but I need to hire someone to help me out with something.

amother4

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:17 pm
ChossidMom, Can I pm you about this for more information?

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 1:21 pm
amother4 wrote:
ChossidMom, Can I pm you about this for more information?

Whyever not?

artsy

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:56 pm
I appreciate everyone's suggestions and feedback and good wishes so much...keep them coming!

"Seeker"-I appreciate your trying to help me but saying that I find an excuse why everything doesn't work (which wouldn't work for your company) is extremely not appreciated. You do not know anything about me obviously and my situation and there are so many factors that determine what someone is and is not able to do. You do not need to respond to this.

I just need appropriate, genuine, caring responses.

4thebooks

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:21 pm
If you are bi lingual you can work for a translating company. I did it a few years ago and translated articles from English to Yiddish and got paid Really nice.
If you like to read you can apply to record books. You'll just need to set up an in home studio. Good luck!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 9:21 pm
myname1 wrote:
If you're any good at Math or Science, I'd say textbook editing or test writing. I say if you're good at Math and Science because I know those areas are often looking for good writers and editors. If there's another area or language you know well, you can look at indeed.com or monster.com and search something like "test writor" or "textbook editor." Or look for a publishing house in your area and ask if they have freelance opportunities. They can put you on a list of freelancers and contact you if work that might suit you becomes available. They are often looking for retired and/or burnt-out teachers, even for Elementary School books.

There are several different levels of editing when it comes to textbook editing. It's not something you can just walk into and start earning money. I've been a text editor on two scientific reference books. I got the work because I had a proven track record of text editing and transcription of scientific writing. It took me years to reach that capacity.

For entry level writing there are some text editing companies. None pay well to begin with but as you improve you can build up a clientele of sorts. Basically you write lots and lots of blind reviews as an authority. These could be travel, food, cigars, whisky, all manner of things. Initially you don't have any choice in what you accept . You take all offers to begin with and after a while depending on your skill you can make real money. I had a friend turn me onto online text editing and it's kind of fun. You get to be a pretend authority. You need a good imagination, the ability to quickly research a subject, the ability to spot a trend, and you need to write well. You also need to be able to meet deadlines and not plagiarize. Most of the legitimate companies hiring these writers pay on a 1099. You will initially be given 3 topics to write about and a tight deadline, that is pretty much your interview.

artsy

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 7:01 am
I do like cooking if anyone has tips how to get started with catering type of positions. I am not skilled at baking but am open to learn and am creative.

I also have plenty of room in my basement (ie. for a store or to store stuff to sell).

Thanks for any feedback!

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:14 am
purplepink wrote:
I do like cooking if anyone has tips how to get started with catering type of positions. I am not skilled at baking but am open to learn and am creative.

I also have plenty of room in my basement (ie. for a store or to store stuff to sell).

Thanks for any feedback!

In all honesty, if you are in need of quickly generating an income, starting a business isn't going to help. It takes work and planning and you need to develop a clientele.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:24 am
I'm just going to add as an aside ...

I have a full time job and my company lets me "work from home" frequently. But I don't take them up on it more than once a week. Do you know why? I can't really focus on work when I am home. My computer is slower, my kids and husband find ways to intrude (even though they are all supposed to be out of the house), and I am distracted by errands and other household things. On the day that I work from home, I daven in Shacharis that it should be a slow work day, because I can't handle the stress of doing important work and meetings remotely. So I have found that working from home doesn't really work for me. When I leave the house and go far away to an office, with minimal distractions (other than imamother.com Smile) and lots of senior personnel to ask for advice on my matters, I am better off.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:27 am
purplepink wrote:

Thanks for any feedback!

All of the above will take a lot of time and money. If you can't afford to invest a lot of time and money into the above ventures, they will fail.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 11:43 am
Maybe electrolysis?

You do need to invest some money and it takes time to learn and build up a clientele but it is work from home and you earn well.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers