Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Community search

canda

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 6:09 pm
Hi,
We have been living in Beit Shemesh for three years now, and because of all the craziness going on here, we would like to leave. I had kids attack my car this past Wednesday to try and rip the Israeli flag mirror covers off, while I was driving. We need recommendations for other communities to look into: we are chardal, strong torani. We need to be within an hour's distance of the airport due to work related travel. Kids ages 13-1.
Thanks for your help!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:50 pm
Uch, I am so sorry that happened to you! It's incredibly sad when yidden attack each other the way they do these days. I just pray that it means Moshiach won't let us sink any lower. Sad

I don't know much about the areas near the airport, but if you wanted to move up North, the train runs straight to Ben Gurion. I'm all the way at the top of the line, and it only takes me 2 hours to get there. I absolutely love my community. It's very mixed, respectful, and live and let live.

I could never live anywhere that expected everyone to be the same, and had an "us-against-them" mentality. There are many wonderful, accepting communities along the northern train line. Haifa and Netanya are crazy expensive, but the little towns in between are extremely affordable (and right on the beach!)

smileyface:)

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 10:29 pm
yad ben yamin

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:35 am
Kochav yaakov sounds like it would be good

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 1:58 am
Nof Ayalon or Alon Shvut, though housing is hard to find.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:37 am
I was literally coming to reply the exact two places as the previous poster. Nof Ayalon and Alon Shvut. Nof Ayalon is much closer to the air port.
And not 100% sure, but chashmonaim also may be a good fit as well as Movo Horon.

MyUsername

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:17 pm
Cities:
- Rechovot has a nice torani community, though it's not particularly anglo. There is the chatam shul which is anglo, but it's more american black hat than israeli chadrdal, but it still might be a nice fit.
- In Jerusalem, there is the Kiryat Moshe neighborhood.
- The Garin Torani in Lod (which has several hundred families and is well established) is also a really, really nice community, and super close to the airport!

Yishuvim:
- Yad Binyamin
- Nof Ayalon/Shaalvim
(Chashmonaim isn't chardal, it's more modern than what you'd be looking for.)

canda

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 5:45 pm
Thanks so much for your recommendations! Does anyone know more about Mevo Choron? A neighbor mentioned something about a new building project there. We have looked a bit into Kochav Yaakov. I also heard Lod is a nice community, less Anglo. Would welcome any other ideas you might have.

grivky

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 1:08 pm
canda wrote:
Thanks so much for your recommendations! Does anyone know more about Mevo Choron? A neighbor mentioned something about a new building project there. We have looked a bit into Kochav Yaakov. I also heard Lod is a nice community, less Anglo. Would welcome any other ideas you might have.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....09025

Oh!whatfun

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 1:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Uch, I am so sorry that happened to you! It's incredibly sad when yidden attack each other the way they do these days. I just pray that it means Moshiach won't let us sink any lower. Sad

I don't know much about the areas near the airport, but if you wanted to move up North, the train runs straight to Ben Gurion. I'm all the way at the top of the line, and it only takes me 2 hours to get there. I absolutely love my community. It's very mixed, respectful, and live and let live.

I could never live anywhere that expected everyone to be the same, and had an "us-against-them" mentality. There are many wonderful, accepting communities along the northern train line. Haifa and Netanya are crazy expensive, but the little towns in between are extremely affordable (and right on the beach!)

where do you live FF? sounds like my kind of place? what do you consider yourself?

LisaS

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 5:59 am
Feel free to PM me about Mevo Horon. Lovely place but right now there is a housing crunch. They are planning to build more houses, but the building hasn't started yet.

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 6:10 am
Is that near Beit Choron?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 9:42 am
Oh!whatfun wrote:
where do you live FF? sounds like my kind of place? what do you consider yourself?

I live in Nahariya, and I love it! I'm chardal, religiously conservative, but socially open minded and accepting of everyone. I became frum through kiruv, so I learned Ahavas Isroel along with all the other halachot. It makes living in a mixed community a great experience, because you get to meet so many people who are on various stages of their path. There's a lot of shiurim here, and a lot of personal growth going on, which is quite exciting to watch.

There are schools all across the spectrum, from secular to Charedi and Chassidish. Several synagogues, from Moroccan Sephardi to Chabad. One anglo synagogue that is very warm and welcoming.

It's a quiet and safe town, where you can walk around at night without a care in the world. The local Arabs are polite, civil, and very wealthy. They don't have any issues with us, as long as we are polite in return. Some of them are actually very friendly! The Druze are even nicer, and the Arab Xians are wonderful people. I enjoy the mix of cultures and coexistence here. It gives me hope for Israel's future.

Because the community is mixed, I am constantly aware that I need to be kiddush Hashem, and my own personal growth has been incredible.

LisaS

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 7:32 am
Iymnok wrote:
Is that near Beit Choron?

In olden days Mevo Horon was on the road that people would travel to Beit Horon. There is even a modern road connecting them, but it was closed with the security fence. So nowadays it is a 25-30 minute drive from Mevo Horon to Beit Horon, although it could really have been 7 minutes.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 7:39 am
Don't u have to "get accepted" to live in mevo choron? Sign something...?

SacN

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:17 am
Quote:
but it's more american black hat than israeli chadrdal,

I'm in Rehovot, Chatam community. We happen to be "American black hat" and are the exception in the under 40 crowd in Chatam. Most of the younger crowd are American Chardal/torani, value secular education, barbeque on yom haatzmaut, watch the occasional movie, etc.
I think it sounds like a good fit and it's close to the airport. The anglo community is small, but there are Israelis to be friends with as well.

PM me if you want more information.

canda

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 4:50 pm
Thanks for all the good suggestions and valuable input- it's really appreciated!

LisaS

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 2:15 am
amother wrote:
Don't u have to "get accepted" to live in mevo choron? Sign something...?

Yes and yes.

I'm not sure what the current process is for getting accepted, but the idea is they want to make sure you'll be able to blend into the community. It's a very communal place; it's not like a city where you can come in and mind your own business.

As for signing - you sign that you will not have a TV, that the wife will adhere to tzniut rules such as hair covering, and that you accept the Rav as the Mora D'atra. Things may have changed over the years - this is what we went through 8-9 years ago. Despite the fact that many feel uncomfortable with the idea of signing in principle, in practice it usually isn't changing anything you would already be doing if every other aspect of the community fits you.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 7:46 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I live in Nahariya, and I love it! I'm chardal, religiously conservative, but socially open minded and accepting of everyone. I became frum through kiruv, so I learned Ahavas Isroel along with all the other halachot. It makes living in a mixed community a great experience, because you get to meet so many people who are on various stages of their path. There's a lot of shiurim here, and a lot of personal growth going on, which is quite exciting to watch.

There are schools all across the spectrum, from secular to Charedi and Chassidish. Several synagogues, from Moroccan Sephardi to Chabad. One anglo synagogue that is very warm and welcoming.

It's a quiet and safe town, where you can walk around at night without a care in the world. The local Arabs are polite, civil, and very wealthy. They don't have any issues with us, as long as we are polite in return. Some of them are actually very friendly! The Druze are even nicer, and the Arab Xians are wonderful people. I enjoy the mix of cultures and coexistence here. It gives me hope for Israel's future.

Because the community is mixed, I am constantly aware that I need to be kiddush Hashem, and my own personal growth has been incredible.

I've lived in the area for 20 years now, and I'm curious what makes you think the Arabs there are very wealthy.

rivkie123

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 8:03 am
Are you willing to go over the green line? If so maybe check out Nerya. I think it should be less than an hour to the airport. I don't know that much about it but it is a Torani yishuv. I think there is more housing available there than Nof Ayalon and Mevo Choron.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions