Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Shaarei tzion in NJ

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:55 pm
What can you tell me about this school? Start with the basics and then I will ask some more detailed qs. Thanks.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:05 pm
What do you want to know? This is just for the girls school, I haven't had children in the boy's school.

It is essentially an oot BY.

What really makes it stand out is the quality of the principal and the quality of the education.

The parent body is somewhat mixed as is typical for out of town. The classes have gotten large on the last few years.

The limudei kodesh and secular are both outstanding.

The principal knows every girl, her strengths and challenges and goes above and beyond to address them.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:10 pm
I only have boys Very Happy. It does sound about right hashkafically (I would assume the boys school has the same hashkafah?) Do the boys also have a good secular curriculum? This is important to us. Also, would they be able to work with a child with learning issues?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:14 pm
The boys school is a little more to the right. (IMO).

They have school on Sunday which doesn't work for us, and doesn't quite have the same outstanding reputation for academics. But they do havea beautiful building.

Sorry can't be of more help about the boy's school. (But the girls is really fantastic).

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:20 pm
I'm fine with Sunday school. I don't need top notch secular studies, but they have to be good enough that the kids can go to a good college (if they so choose). Do you know where the boys typically go to high school? And yeah, the most important consideration is if they'd work with my child with the learning issues.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:00 pm
I know plenty of guys who have gone to sharei zion and gone on to Ivy League colleges.....
I think it is probably the highest standard you will be able to get in the area before going to the more MO schools -it is hashkaficly RW though an OOT version versus the LKWD, Brooklyn, Monsey version....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics