Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Farm fresh Lakewood

sourstix

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:43 am
What happened? Why did they close? What's going on? Looks like construction but nothing happening. Anyone knows?

sky

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 8:37 am
They are reopening eventually.
I was told they have to fix some building\code violations and then will reopen.
I'm really missing them. I tried having other places deliver and by Wednesday and Thursday morning they wouldn't do it anymore. Said I have to ask the day before

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:06 pm
It's our family friends place and they sold wine in a grocery and they closed his store. I feel bad because he is a nice man.

sourstix

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:40 pm
Your saying he sold alcohol without a license? And was shut down?

Can they reopen? Will they?

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 5:01 pm
sourstix wrote:
Your saying he sold alcohol without a license? And was shut down?

Can they reopen? Will they?

I don't know if they will reopen but I know we are going crazy without him!

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:13 pm
sky wrote:
They are reopening eventually.
I was told they have to fix some building\code violations and then will reopen.
I'm really missing them. I tried having other places deliver and by Wednesday and Thursday morning they wouldn't do it anymore. Said I have to ask the day before

that's strange .... I always order from kosher village and get the delivery within a few hours.

oh, do you mean npgs? I once tried to order from their website and after choosing all the food a message popped up that the delivery would be for the next day! I called them and they happily sent my order a few hours later.

Last edited by lkwdlady on Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

real israeli

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:21 pm
I just want to say that I also usually shop in kosher village and they do deliveries fairly quickly (including Friday afternoon not just Wednesday and Thursday)

Tho I believe farm fresh prices were cheaper (maybe not after the 10% of kv but assuming you are comparing item to item) and having them 24 hours was also amazing

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:39 am
The closing of Farm Fresh had nothing to do with the wine department. That was legal (it was a branch of the Vineyard store, I think)

There were code violations - I think maybe environmental. They are surrounded by wetlands and it could be that they didn't treat that properly.

I am missing them very much and hope they reopen soon. This was a bad time of year to be shut down. The Post-Pesach shopping rush is probably the most lucrative season of the year.

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 9:33 am
Farm Fresh has BH just reopened for walk ins. They are working hard to restock.

sky

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 9:47 am
lkwdlady wrote:
that's strange .... I always order from kosher village and get the delivery within a few hours.

oh, do you mean npgs? I once tried to order from their website and after choosing all the food a message popped up that the delivery would be for the next day! I called them and they happily sent my order a few hours later.

It was a newer store that gave me a hard time.

How do you order from NPGS? I didn't know you could do that online.

I'm very happy to hear they re-opened. Their prices are decent for delivery, they have great sales, I like their hechsher on fish and meat, and they recently had a major overhaul on management and policy and are very nice to deal with. Hopefully everything will go smoothly for them.
Besides for the store loss I feel really bad for their employees who didn't have work.

Bluesky 1

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 10:50 am
Thx for letting us know
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars