Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I lit a candle for R' Miriminov and my tefilla was answered

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 2:30 pm
I lit a candle for forty days lezecher Rabbi Menachem Mendel M'riminov and I got a yeshua. My tefillah was answered and part of the the segula is to publicize this so here I am letting everyone know that B"H I got a yeshua and I am shocked.

Any questions on how to do this segula and I will be glad to help out.

Good shabbos everyone!

mommish613

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
I lit a candle for forty days lezecher Rabbi Menachem Mendel M'riminov and I got a yeshua. My tefillah was answered and part of the the segula is to publicize this so here I am letting everyone know that B"H I got a yeshua and I am shocked.

Good shabbos everyone!

BH! Good Shabbos Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 2:46 pm
Is imamother enough to publicize it or do I have to do it else where too?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 4:02 pm
Did you light a new candle every day or just a candle constantly burning (like the weekly)?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 4:46 pm
We lit the candles for forty days consecutively after shkia or by day, several times and we have a few 'older' cousins that got engaged Bh.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:

Good shabbos everyone!

I think this is considered publicized. How exactly did you do it?

elisheva25

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 5:44 pm
Can someone please explain the Segula and what exactly you have to do

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 5:45 pm
I lit a yar tzeit candle every day right before skiah. Twice when I was going away I lot earlier and I said in the zechus of rav menachem Mendel b'm'rivinov im asking for .......... and that Moshiach should come soon and if it happens b'karov then I will publicize the segula.

I did it for forty days.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 6:01 pm
Nice to hear of others who were answered bH. I have done multiple cycles of 40 days, and still waiting for yeshuos. Is there something specific other than saying you're lighting the candle liluy nishmat Rav Menachem Mendel ben Yosef M'riminov? and giving tzedka in his name

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 6:19 pm
I wrote it on a paper so that I said the same thing every day and I asked for one request.

I can check later to see exactly what I said.

Bsimcha

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 7:34 pm
Is it particular for shiduchim?
I once heard any candle, wondering if it's only a yartzeit candle

enter

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 7:05 pm
You know, my Mom used to light these candles for years. 40 day cycles. She also did the Kupat Hair and tzeddakah thing. And going to gravesites. There were some 40 day cycles there too.

You know, my Mom still is struggling with the same things she always was. They never helped her, ever. I wish she would have just gone to therapy to learn to accept and deal and not just run away into all these segulos that never helped her anyway.

I don't know if you saw your "yeshuah" because you lit a candle for someone - or just because the time was right for you to receive this gift. I don't know if it is a coincidence, the placebo effect, or in fact these actions happening to work for you and not, say, my Mom, and all those others it doesn't work for. Prayer - talking directly to a Power that can help - that, I understand. Working on a relationship with God, that's real. Working on a relationship with a dead man, frankly, I don't understand. Whilst it's important to never give up hope, it's also important to accept life as it is and I feel like many times these sorts of things are running away from acceptance and dealing with.

I understand many women on this site believe in these segulos, and you know what - that's your right. And I guess it's mine to read this thread, be triggered, and share my response.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:49 pm
enter wrote:
You know, my Mom used to light these candles for years. 40 day cycles. She also did the Kupat Hair and tzeddakah thing. And going to gravesites. There were some 40 day cycles there too.

You know, my Mom still is struggling with the same things she always was. They never helped her, ever. I wish she would have just gone to therapy to learn to accept and deal and not just run away into all these segulos that never helped her anyway.

I don't know if you saw your "yeshuah" because you lit a candle for someone - or just because the time was right for you to receive this gift. I don't know if it is a coincidence, the placebo effect, or in fact these actions happening to work for you and not, say, my Mom, and all those others it doesn't work for. Prayer - talking directly to a Power that can help - that, I understand. Working on a relationship with God, that's real. Working on a relationship with a dead man, frankly, I don't understand. Whilst it's important to never give up hope, it's also important to accept life as it is and I feel like many times these sorts of things are running away from acceptance and dealing with.

I understand many women on this site believe in these segulos, and you know what - that's your right. And I guess it's mine to read this thread, be triggered, and share my response.

Glad you said this. In truth there is simply no statistical data with these segulos WHATSOEVER that they really work. If anyone can show me otherwise, I'd like to hear it.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 9:55 pm
How do you know exactly what your mother lit the candles for? Also it's one request at a time.

Also you are davening to hashem that in the zechus of this tzadik that hashem should help you.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
Glad you said this. In truth there is simply no statistical data with these segulos WHATSOEVER that they really work. If anyone can show me otherwise, I'd like to hear it.

According to Breslov, an hour of personal prayer a day can achieve a yeshua in an instant, if that is what Hashem decides. If you can't manage an hour at a time, start with 3 minutes and work your way up, adding a few minutes each time. If your house is flying and your kids are crying, saying one minute of prayer, 60 times a day, is the same as an hour!

Dinner didn't burn? Take a minute and thank Hashem in prayer!
Kid struggling in school? Take a minute and ask Hashem for help!

Start thinking this way, and before you know it, you'll have an hour's worth of gratitude, requests, and people to pray for every single day.

Remember, prayer doesn't "change G-d". Prayer changes YOU, and by G-d seeing the changes in you, He'll want to grant your prayers.

It's important to add to your requests "If it be Your will", and accept that everything is for the best, even the things that seem "bad" right now. Ask for clear and revealed good in all things.

If you storm the heavens for something that is not good for you, you might just get it, because part of your soul correction is to learn that you weren't supposed to have it. That's not a lesson you want to learn the hard way!

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Apr 29 2017, 10:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
According to Breslov, an hour of personal prayer a day can achieve a yeshua in an instant, if that is what Hashem decides. If you can't manage an hour at a time, start with 3 minutes and work your way up, adding a few minutes each time. If your house is flying and your kids are crying, saying one minute of prayer, 60 times a day, is the same as an hour!

Dinner didn't burn? Take a minute and thank Hashem in prayer!
Kid struggling in school? Take a minute and ask Hashem for help!

Start thinking this way, and before you know it, you'll have an hour's worth of gratitude, requests, and people to pray for every single day.

Remember, prayer doesn't "change G-d". Prayer changes YOU, and by G-d seeing the changes in you, He'll want to grant your prayers.

It's important to add to your requests "If it be Your will", and accept that everything is for the best, even the things that seem "bad" right now. Ask for clear and revealed good in all things.

If you storm the heavens for something that is not good for you, you might just get it, because part of your soul correction is to learn that you weren't supposed to have it. That's not a lesson you want to learn the hard way!

I think I agree with everything you said ff. I'm not sure if I understand what it has to do with whether or not segulos are real. If I ask whether single girls who daven and say certain tefilos because of segulos are finding shidduchim more than the single girls who are not doing the segulos, what would you say?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 2:45 am
I don't know what the OP was helped with and I don't know what your Mom was asking for.

I mean certain things are just what they are [we can't ask to get younger for instance]

just sayin'

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 1:19 am
I was helped too after 49 days of tzinden.
I was shocked because it was so improbable bh.

This is my public telling !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics