Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Healthy breakfast for nursing mother?

tsc3

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:33 am
What's a healthy sugar free filling breakfast, possibly that I could make in advance and freeze. For a nursing mother who's always hungry but trying to lose weight Rolling Eyes

shevi82

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:49 am
You can make w.w. rolls and defrost one very morning add cheese and veggies or scrambled eggs.
Healthy and filling.

real israeli

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:56 am
I have 2 slices ww bread a scrambled egg made of one egg plus three whites coffee and vegetables

Quick filling and delicious

water_bear88

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 3:56 am
If you're in the first 6 months, don't actively try to lose weight, please, or at least not without guidance from a lactation consultant or nutritionist who specializes in nursing mothers.

If all you're doing is cutting added sugar but otherwise eating when you're hungry, you're probably ok.

Oatmeal is great- it's filling, nutritious, and possibly cholesterol-lowering. If it's a bother to prepare it hot every morning, or you just don't want to eat it hot, try either overnight oats or baked oatmeal. I make a quicker version of overnight oats where I soak the oats for 10-15 minutes in milk- you may need to play around with it to get the proportions you like but 1:1 is a reasonable place to start. Add fresh or dried fruit and/or cinnamon and it's delicious.

Someone posted a recipe for baked oatmeal a while ago, with milk and eggs. I think I tried it once but can't remember.

If you're looking for something else, yogurt with cut-up fruit is also wonderful.

tsc3

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:10 am
Thank you so much for your replies. Does anyone have a good recipe for ww rolls?

shevi82

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 10:15 pm
ww rolls

1 tbls salt
1 kilo ww flour (2.2 lbs)
2 tbls dry yeast
1/4 c brown sugar or honey
3 cups warm water

mix add more water if needed. rise for 30 min, shape rolls and bake (350 for 15-20 min)
before baking you can top rolls with garlic, onions, oats or anything you like.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 10:23 pm
Make sure to have a:
Protien: yogurt, eggs, cheese
Dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese
Grain: whole wheat bread, rice cakes, whole wheat muffin
Fruit: apples, grapes......
If you want something on the go, you can make a muffin recipe that has eggs, yogurt, applesauce/bluberries and whole wheat flour- and there you got yourself a complete breakfast!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise