Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Not sure what to do...

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:08 am
My husband and I are in need of a certain home improvement. There are several people who offer the services we need. We decided to use a family friend of my parents' because of their reputation for doing a good job as well as we though it would be nice to give them the business.
Ends up that things keep happening that are out of his control (his workers taking off for extended time after pesach etc) and they keep pushing off when they will be able to do the job. That is very inconvenient for us for a number of reasons, one of which is that I'm due soon and would like to get this taken care of before I'm busy with hospital/baby.
We can use someone else who will get the job done sooner, but this person really wants (needs?) our business and would be offended if we changed our mind about using him. No contracts were signed, no deposits paid. What should I do? Do what's convenient for me, or continue waiting until he is available to avoid any hurt feelings/financial loss to him?

be good

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:13 am
Why don't you ask him?

simcha2

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:18 am
I would say very nicely "we would really like to use you. We are in a time crunch. Can you do it by this date? If you can't, we will reluctantly have to use someone else."

The ball is in their court. They can choose to prioritise you and get the business, or not. But you have given them every consideration.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:24 am
simcha2 wrote:
I would say very nicely "we would really like to use you. We are in a time crunch. Can you do it by this date? If you can't, we will reluctantly have to use someone else."

The ball is in their court. They can choose to prioritise you and get the business, or not. But you have given them every consideration.

This. And give clear dates.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette