Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Need help packing for a move (5 towns)

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:26 am
I'm moving in 2 months and I'm having trouble packing. I'm mostly sitting around staring at stuff, not packing it, then going on Imamother ;-) No, not a joke, I have the boxes all set up and I haven't packed a single thing. I want someone who's also going to kick my behind and make me throw a lot of stuff out. Reasonable hourly rates. Any ideas?

zaq

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:00 am
It would help if you told people where you live. A professional organizer in Dallas isn't going to help much if you're in Daytona, unless you're willing to pay for her travel and lodging in addition to regular fees.

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:00 am
You can hire a mover who can pack (and unpack) for you

zaq

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:01 am
You also have the option of hiring a moving firm to do your packing for you. Of course they won't sort through your stuff and you'll pay through the nose for them to pack and move things you may throw out once you land in your new place, but it is an option.

zaq

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:02 am
Whoops, sorry, I see you're in the 5 towns.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:23 am
A mover is a lot more expensive than an organizer and they'll just throw things in boxes. I need to pack in an organized way because we don't want to unpack everything because we're only moving for a year and then moving again (the thought makes me want to vomit, honestly). I'm not good at this sort of stuff anyway. I need a lot of handholding.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:34 am
Are you on Facebook? If so, join the group Five Towns Moms and ask for recommendations for a professional organizer. I've seen posts like that before but I don't remember the names.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:44 am
I am in the group and once found an organizer through there but she wasn't very good and I stopped using her. I don't want to post there because she's in the group.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:15 am
I can maybe help you! I'm not a professional orginizer but a very organized person and just packed and moved a friend and enjoyed the process!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
I can maybe help you! I'm not a professional orginizer but a very organized person and just packed and moved a friend and enjoyed the process!

Ooh, I could go for that! If you want to take this discussion off Imamother, email me at bezrathashemsoon@gmail.com.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics