Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
25th wedding anniversary gift

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:10 pm
Any ideas as to what to give a close family member as a 25th anniversary gift (preferably something silver)?

zaq

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 4:25 pm
What don't they have? What do they have that they could use more of? Just make sure it's s/t both can use equally. Not a silver atarah for his tallis and not silver leichter for her candles, iow.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:05 pm
Zaq, the problem is I have no idea what they have. I was thinking about a challah board with silver inlay, but I don't know if they have one already and I cannot ask without blowing the surprise.

zaq

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:17 pm
So ask their kids. Or their parents. Or plant 25 trees in their honor in Israel. Or donate to their shul and have a silver plaque placed in the shul in their honor. Seriously, by the time people are married 25 years, chances are they have all the silver serving pieces, Judaica and tchatchkes they could possibly want.

I suggest NOT a challah board with silver inlay, nor anything else made of wood embellished with silver that is so popular among Judaica manufacturers these days. Any time you have an object made of two different materials (wood and silver, silver and leather, fabric and silver) that require radically different methods of cleaning and maintenance, you are giving people not a gift but a headache.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:24 pm
Without going into details, there is no one to ask. To be honest, I feel obligated to give them a gift because they got me one. TY for responding. I will figure something out.

gibberish

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
Zaq, the problem is I have no idea what they have. I was thinking about a challah board with silver inlay, but I don't know if they have one already and I cannot ask without blowing the surprise.
Nice idea. Include a gift receipt in case they need to return. You can also get a set of leather benchers with their name stamped on it.

cnc

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:49 pm
I like the challah board idea .
I have one for ten years and never had a problem taking care of it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:53 pm
I also like the idea of the challah board, but I don't have a clue if they have one. I like Gibberish's idea of getting a gift receipt and if they do have it, they can exchange it for something else.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:55 pm
Look for a wooden challah board that can be removed and is not attached to a silver tray underneath. That way they can both be cleaned separately without getting ruined.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 5:57 pm
Ok, Ra_mom. Thank you all for replies.

nacs

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 6:57 pm
They have beautiful zemiros sets with silver inlays- and you can engrave their name

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:44 pm
I think I will make a trip to a seforim store and a silver store and decide on something. Thanks for your ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics