Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood: how hard is it to get into Bais Yaakov or Oros?!
Previous  1  2

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
I went myself to one of those schools 20 years ago. So I kinda think I have pull. also, both me and my daughter I think feel like its something we want.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 10:25 am
Queen6 wrote:
Stop pushing so hard to BY and Oros. There are other great schools. What is so special about those? Stop making yourself crazy.

It's important to consider why you and your daughter think/feel you need to get into one of those two schools.

I remember Mrs. Epstein from Bais Faiga told me that so many people think they "must" get into a specific school, and she pushes for them, etc...and then they end up being not particularly thrilled there.

It's something I kept in mind when my girls went to high school. My daughter LOVES Bais Kaila. My cousin, whose DD got into BY, says her DD feels like a number. It's a very big school, with super large class size.....But of course, she's happy she got into BY.....

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 11:22 am
What I find interesting is that you are writing you were top student and so is your daughter and you went to that school and still your daughter didn't get in and you didn't know that it was the same principal.

If you were such a top student and principals loved you why didn't you call up and say hey do you Remember me now I have a daughter who wants to go. Not to make one phone call when you have connection to a school from a schools point of view looks as if you really don't want to go there because who doesn't call if they have connections.

Also you seem out of it like you don't know who principal is so are you sure you went to the same school?

And I know alumnis of Bais yaakov and if they were a top student the school is so excited to take their child in too.

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 12:12 pm
To add to what Aubergine amother said, some of these schools actually expect that you would call, have others call on your behalf, etc...if you are really interested in the school. It's a strange phenomenon (IMVHO) but schools in Lakewood do not consider a mere application to be a sign of interest in their school. Without applying pull, they figure you are not that interested.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 4:20 pm
Chayelle it's not strange. It's a natural
Course of events. Parent a has pull she wants to make sure that her dd gets in so of course she calls the principal and says remember me I was valdectotian etc. and now I want my daughter in. She would bring her daughter in to interview and discuss how and why she wants the school.

So because every person that wants the school pushes if a parent doesn't push then the school really thinks that said parent isn't interested in their school and is only applying because the vaad is forcing girls to apply to four schools. So why should the school take a girl who really doesn't want to go over a girl who would love to go and has every person under the sun call for them.

I also find it strange that a mother wanted the same school she went to herself and doesn't even know that the school never changed principals.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics