Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
ISO the literally easiest shabbos menu ever
Previous  1  2  3

seeker

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 10:58 pm
OK, it's not even quite 11:00 yet and I have both dishpans empty, one counter cleared and cleaned, and I can see about 1/3 of my stovetop peeking through the pots still waiting to get washed. However, this is always my undoing, when I feel like I'm doing well and it's so early and then all of a sudden I turn around and it's way too late. I'm off to clear the Shabbos table and pre-treat the laundry to hopefully squeeze in before I have to leave tomorrow. Sigh.

cbg

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:12 pm
Shavua Tov

Wow seeker you're doing great.

Is there any way you can get a maid to come tomorrow, and get yourself to bed now?
If there's no school tomorrow, and it was me, I'd go to bed now and wake up early tomorrow and tackle everything then.

My go to Shabbat dish is rice chicken and frozen veggies in a disposable pan in the oven. I make enough for both night and day, and put it in the hot plate the next day, since it's dry

For fish either jar Gefilta, tuna, lox

Salad - Bag lettuce, baby tomato, sliced heart of Palm, baby corn, sliced olives, croutons, bottle dressing
Basically anything I can dump in a big bowl
Or
Bag coleslaw with bottled dressing

Can potatoes, drain, season with olive oil, allspice, salt, fresh squeeze of lemon juice
Can beets, take the liquid( not all of it) and mix into some tehina paste, season pink tehina with salt and fresh lemon juice, pour over sliced beets.
Can of 3 bean salad, comes ready to serve
Pickles and olives

I'm always looking for jar and canned foods I can make a last minute salad from. I try to buy extra for those emergency Erev Shabbat.

Last edited by cbg on Sat, May 06 2017, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:19 pm
Still waiting and hoping to hear from my cleaning lady when (if? When please) she can come this week, but she doesn't work Sundays. No school for the kids tomorrow but one has a party in the morning/lunchtime, and then I have a long class in the afternoon. Plus that big overdue shopping trip! Then the mad dash through the week starts again on Monday. If I can make it to NEXT Shabbos, then I think I'll be OK. Chicken, rice, and aluminum pans coming up!

cozyblanket

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:41 pm
Just saw this whole thread right now. I am glad you pulled shabbos off and I hope you got some rest!

debsey

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:43 pm
seeker wrote:
My mother, bless her soul, just offered to send over chicken soup Heart Heart Heart With no chicken in it, though. So it will hopefully help the mood and the colds, but not the menu much. It will probably come with some surprise dessert because she knows how terribly I deprive my children of junk food. Smile Things are looking up!

(and before you ask, my laptop lives on my kitchen counter, that's why. It's my desk.)

For future reference - invest in a pressure cooker! New ones are safe. Chuck can go from frozen solid to cooked and succulent in about half an hour in one.

seeker

Post Sat, May 06 2017, 11:48 pm
debsey wrote:
For future reference - invest in a pressure cooker! New ones are safe. Chuck can go from frozen solid to cooked and succulent in about half an hour in one.

Good to know!

FTR, the laundry is treated, I can see enough of my bed to sleep on, I'm leaving the table for DH to deal with in the AM, and now I just need to wrap a present for the kid's party and then I can start heading toward bed (and will probably do another dozen things en route but hey that would have happened at 3 AM just the same)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note