Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Minyan in Switzerland - Summer 2017

Nechami

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 6:16 am
To all Swiss or European Imamothers

How would I find out which areas of the Alps will there be a minyan this summer?
We are looking to rent an apartment in any area within walking distance of a minyan (Switzerland, France or even Austria is fine) but we have no idea how to find this out!

I've heard that groups of families often get together and book in a specific place to have a minyan - any ideas how I can find out about this?
If anyone out there has any areas (besides for Davos, st Moritz and Crans Montana) where there will be a minyan this Summer please reply! The more specific the better and numbers would also be much appreciated!
TIA!

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 6:33 am
You could find out where the kosher clubs will be. But off the top of my head, it's Jewland in Val fréjus and L'alpe d'huez, as in hearing hebrew and Yiddish (!) in the street.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 7:58 am
In France in les 2 Alpes from the 30 July -there will be a minyan, kosher shops....

Nechami

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 8:29 am
Thank you for these quick replies - are these places all centered around a Kosher hotel? What about the areas that are just families renting?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:53 am
Davos, Klosters, Saas Fee, Saas Grund, Arosa. For sure there will be minyan there. Grachen probably too. A lot of people go to the wallis area

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 2:38 pm
In Austria I believe Hinterglem and Serfaus have a minyan every year.

In Switzerland in addition to the above poster's list, there is usually also a minyan in Saas Almagell, Flims, Haute Nendaz, Riederalp & Adelboden. Also, in the St Moritz region, many of the villages within a 10-15min drive will have their own minyan. In the places where there is no hotel, the minyan takes place in somebody's house. Around this time of year, people trying to form a minyan will post a line in the Swiss Jewish paper, with a phone number. If you know where you would like to be and have a few men in your family, you might want to do the same.

www.diejuedischezeitung.ch/djz.....x.php

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 7:31 am
So in some places there is one/two/three (kah) kosher hotels, and many families renting an apt and going to eat at the hotel sometimes/shabbes/not. France has a kosher list making it possible to eat kosher everywhere (barring meat and hard cheese). Unless you shlep the meat/ready made microwave dishes etc.
We were in the Pyrénées for Pessach

Judy

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 12:35 am
what about austria? and in July? is there any places to go by ourselves-that will allow us to eat a meal or shabbos in hotel? any ideas how to get food without having to bring it all? (coming from too far-flying in) hotels seem soooo expensive-if anyone can suggest any ideas how to make this work..

chava11

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:45 pm
Anyone have any info about a minyan in Zinal Switzerland this summer?

maidale

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:18 pm
Ruchel where can I find the french kosher list? We'll be in tignes inthe summer and the list would be very handy!

Nechami

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:57 am
Anyone have any idea about places NOT centered around a hotel?

Are there any Belgian Imamothers around - someone told me that the Belgian usually are the ones who form the groups in the French and Swiss alps... and they would have the lists of minyanim.

Is Tignes a hotel or just rentals?
TIA!

zissy2004

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:31 am
Ha! My yearly question! Most of the places have been mentioned above. I'm bored of the usual places and would love to find a new one, pref where the cable cars are free.
Nechami- Tignes you can rent apartments too. (everywhere, actually)
I think Grimentz have an English minjan too.
Austria: Fiss and Ladis too. Fiss is really nice!

Any Swiss imamothers who know Davos perfectly? I have some questions about areas..

littleprincess

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:11 pm
zissy2004 wrote:
Ha! My yearly question! Most of the places have been mentioned above. I'm bored of the usual places and would love to find a new one, pref where the cable cars are free.
Nechami- Tignes you can rent apartments too. (everywhere, actually)
I think Grimentz have an English minjan too.
Austria: Fiss and Ladis too. Fiss is really nice!

Any Swiss imamothers who know Davos perfectly? I have some questions about areas..

I was in davos 4 years ago and probably going there again this year. U could try to help u

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 3:47 am
For the kosher list just google! liste cacher france

chava11

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 7:28 am
You can order from Kosher4u.eu and they ship throughout the EU, I seem to remember

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:29 pm
Anyone know about Minyanim in the Italian Alps (or cities in Alps not too far from Milan)?

Rivka3

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 2:16 am
Someone now's anything more about the Minjan in Grimentz this Summer?

Racheli098

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 6:58 am
Does anybody know of jews that are coming to Nendaz before Tisha B'av?
we are from Israel and planning on going there but can't find information
of a Minyan there...
Can anyone help please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics