Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby refuses to drink

muss

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 9:31 pm
My dd is 9 months and she eats solids and nurses. But I don't want to nurse her all day. I nurse her a few times a day but it's not enough liquid with all the sold she's eating but refuses to drink. What can I do?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 9:34 pm
try different kinds of sippy cups. Are you trying only water?

muss

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
try different kinds of sippy cups. Are you trying only water?

I've tried. Nothing works. Ye I only give water. It could be it's too plain for her

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:19 pm
muss wrote:
.... it's not enough liquid with all the sold she's eating but refuses to drink. What can I do?

How do you know? Maybe it is enough - for HER.

Welcome to the REAL world of parenting, where you will learn, eventually (I'm not there yet and I have teens) that you simply CANNOT change another human being, or get them to do something they don't want to, unless they change their mind and feel it is better for them.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:32 pm
muss wrote:
I've tried. Nothing works. Ye I only give water. It could be it's too plain for her

she may be just fine with the amount of liquid she is getting. But if you are worried - talk to your pediatrician about introducing cow milk. In any case - she'll learn to drink water.

Have you tried the cups with straws? Munchkin Click Lock Weighted Flexi-Straw Cup worked well for us.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:33 pm
she may be just fine with the amount of liquid she is getting. But if you are worried - talk to your pediatrician about introducing cow milk. In any case - she'll learn to drink water eventually.

Have you tried the cups with straws? Munchkin Click Lock Weighted Flexi-Straw Cup worked well for us.

keym

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 10:36 pm
I gave my babies at that age sips of water from a water bottle. Especially if they think it's your water bottle, many are willing to take it. Also some kids like cold water, some room temp water.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 4:40 pm
My daughter woldn't do sippy cups or bottles - only straw cups or regular cups, which were a bit messy. We liked the zoli straw cup. At 9 months, she was proficient with it and could drink a whole feeding.

Water didn't work though. So I pumped some milk and started her on that, then moved to water later once she was used to drinking form the straw cup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics