Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Dividing carpool

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:07 pm
My friend is going to carpool with just one other person but she has 2 kids and the other family has 1.. should she offer to drive more or they just split 50/50?

harriet

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:08 pm
In my (carpool) town, she would drive more but why doesn't she ask the person she's carpooling with what she had been planning?

lucky14

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:10 pm
Why would she drive more? The kids are both getting picked up and dropped off together so it's only one more stop. She should discuss it with the person she's carpooling with though.

ima22

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:27 pm
If they are carpooling just the 2 of them for convenience then they should sit 50/50. If they can only fit 3 kids and by carpooling with a 2kid family, there is no longer room for a 3rd family to join and split the carpool runs, then the family with 2 kids should drive more often.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:38 pm
IMO
50/50
Unless there is a situation of one mom needing to do less for xyz reason.
I was in a car pool where I had 1 child and the other family 3, and 1 of the kids were in a different building (across the street). Since I could only do mornings I didn't care to do every morning, as long as I new my DC was being picked up in the afternoon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children