Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Bobov 45 Have you heard the story in this week Inyan, before
1  2  3  4  Next

Bobov 45: do you know who the story in this week's Inyan happened to?
YES  
 23%  [ 15 ]
NO  
 76%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 65

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, May 13 2017, 11:54 pm
Bobov 45: Have you heard, and more importantly can you vouch for the unique and unbelievable story in this week Inyan?

In a story by Moshe Shimon Reichberg, beginning on page 19 of this weeks Inyan, it speaks of a long time Menahel of the Bobover Yeshiva, who went to R' Naftali a"h for a Bracha, in the winter of 2002 (nowhere near Lab BaOmer).

R' Naftali gave a Bracha and R' Naftali said "Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai will be with me on Lag BaOmer".

The Menahel wondered why the Rav was talking about Lag Ba Omer right after Chanukah.

Many years later, this Menahel's (not one, not two, but three) THREE youngest children were married but childless after years.

After trying all kinds of Segulos, in the year 2010, on Lag BaOmer, the Menahel and his wife went to Dean, NJ, where R' Naftali is buried, and cried to R' Naftali, saying "You told me that Rabbi Shimon will be with you on Lag BaOmer! Go up to Kisei HaKavod and daven for my children. Knock on the doors of Rabi Shimon and bring forth our salvation!".

Within a year ALL THREE previously childless children (not one, not two, but three) had children.

This sounds amazing!

Stories like these dont happen every day. Can anyone in Bobov 45 vouch for this miraculous story, because you know who it happened to, and its true?

crust

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:06 am
I dont know who the people are but I heard this story long time ago. Can't remember where? Scratching Head

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:19 am
crust wrote:
I dont know who the people are but I heard this story long time ago. Can't remember where? Scratching Head

I wanted to hear from people who can vouch for these specific details, theyre so unbelievable. Three childless couples in one family, had children in the same year.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:24 am
Even if the story were true, which seems unlikely, how would it affect you? What would you do that you don't do now? Genuinely curious.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:26 am
Yes, I personally know the people involved. And this story is true. I'll ask them if I can post the name but I think the story is pretty public so I don't think they would mind

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:32 am
I'm Bobov 48. We were just discussing this last week before this was printed. There have already been many stories about people who have gone to him on lag baomer and seen yeshuos. They have bus loads full of people who go on lag baomer.

My father did talk about the person who had children after going there but I don't recall a name. I would assume if they printed the story it is accurate.

Anyway, what can it hurt to go?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:32 am
I don't know them personally, but my husband does.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:36 am
I just spoke to a family member who said it's fine to post names. This story happened to the Miller family. Mrs Miller is a daughter of Rabbi Aaron Twersky. They had 3 married children that were all childless.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
Even if the story were true, which seems unlikely, how would it affect you? What would you do that you don't do now? Genuinely curious.

Id consider very seriously going to Deans on Lag BaOmer, for starters.

By the way, can women get anywhere the Kevarim on Lag BaOmer. or other days?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:39 am
[quote="amother"]Id consider very seriously going to Deans on Lag BaOmer, for starters.

By the way, can women get anywhere the Kevarim on Lag BaOmer. or other days?[/quote
There are special busses for women to go tonight and tomorrow.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:40 am
amother wrote:
Id consider very seriously going to Deans on Lag BaOmer, for starters.

By the way, can women get anywhere the Kevarim on Lag BaOmer. or other days?

Don't know specifically about lag baomer, but women can definitely get to the bobov kevarim. They are in a large building, with sep entrances for men and women.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:43 am
There are busses for women leaving tomorrow.
Buses For Nushim: 11:15 / 1:15 / 3:15 & 5:15. Buses Tomorrow go down 49 from 18th Ave till Ft Hamiton.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
I just spoke to a family member who said it's fine to post names. This story happened to the Miller family. Mrs Miller is a daughter of Rabbi Aaron Twersky. They had 3 married children that were all childless.

Is this R' Aron Twersky, the distinguished law school professor, who has a son in law Miller, a Bobover Menahel?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
Is this Aron Twersky, the law school professor, who has a son in law Miller, a Bobover Menahel?

Yes

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 12:54 am
amother wrote:
Yes

Small world! R' Aron Twersky was my husband's Law School professor. He was and still is, beloved by all the students, Jewish and non-Jewish. He's an amazing man, Amush!

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:11 am
FYI R Naftuli was rebba before the split so hes equally accepted by ALL Bobov

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:13 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
FYI R Naftuli was rebba before the split so hes equally accepted by ALL Bobov

I was going to mention that at that point there was no division.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:21 am
amother wrote:
I was going to mention that at that point there was no division.

Im well aware of that.

Im curious though, since the split, does Bobov 48 treat R' Naftali's Yahrtzeit the same as R' Shloima's Yahrtzeit?

Also, is R Aron Twersky a "neutral Chasid", or is he a Chassid more of Bobov 48 or Bobov 45?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:36 am
I'm not bobov, but what does bobov 48 and 45 mean?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 1:38 am
amother wrote:
Im well aware of that.

Im curious though, since the split, does Bobov 48 treat R' Naftali's Yahrtzeit the same as R' Shloima's Yahrtzeit?

Also, is R Aron Twersky a "neutral Chasid", or is he a Chassid more of Bobov 48 or Bobov 45?

I think neutral and has children in both places
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics