Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
When they say in Williamsburg 9x13 bekele
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:46 pm
What's a bekele?? I don't get it either

pause

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:01 pm
amother wrote:
What's a bekele?? I don't get it either

A baking pan, usually disposable.

yksraya

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:40 pm
Am I the only one who still uses a measuring tape? I think most dollar stores sell one, it's not an expensive item.

crust

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:58 pm
yksraya wrote:
Am I the only one who still uses a measuring tape? I think most dollar stores sell one, it's not an expensive item.

yeah... these solutions are for when you bought measuring tape in the dollar store already but your child thought it was 'cutting tape' and left you with one inch peices.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 7:39 pm
It's a rectangular foil baking tin. 9 by 13 is a standard cake size. A standard page of paper is 8 and a half by 11, so this is a bit bigger.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 7:43 pm
Can someone clarify in real English what the heck op is asking?
She wants to measure her skirt with a baking pan? only in wiilliamsburg? Can it really be that someone thinks it's only called 9x13 in her own neighborhood?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 5:16 pm
I live in williamsburg and never used a bekele to measure my skirt! I use a tape measure. most kallahs get a sewing box with most sewing supplies when they get married.
So either she's making fun of us williamsburg ladies or she simply lacks ideas

cnc

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
I live in williamsburg and never used a bekele to measure my skirt! I use a tape measure. most kallahs get a sewing box with most sewing supplies when they get married.
So either she's making fun of us williamsburg ladies or she simply lacks ideas

I don't think she is lacking ideas, just the opposite. She's innovative! Very Happy

workaholicmama

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:
Can someone clarify in real English what the heck op is asking?
She wants to measure her skirt with a baking pan? only in wiilliamsburg? Can it really be that someone thinks it's only called 9x13 in her own neighborhood?

Well, as we all see on this site, many neighborhoods have their own "words" so to speak... and yes, I already had once that I spoke to a non heimishe and she didn't know what a 9by 13 pan is.
And I also know how many times I looked for one of my 3 tape measures and didn't find any... this idea is a very bright one, actually. Though Thanx to this thread I remembered using once a kitchen tile as square foot measure, and now I have the idea of a letter size sheet too.

3mitzvos

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 12:15 am
I didn't know that measuring your skirts was a "thing"..... I've heard about the "4-inches below the knee" thing, but I think it's fairly easy to tell if a skirt is about that long without measuring it. So confused.... I understand that the OP meant this thread as a joke, but are you guys joking about some women measuring skirts? or serious?

happyone

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 3:24 am
If a random post with no personal info is hiding behind amother you know the intention was to be nasty or hurtful.

workaholicmama

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 3:40 am
happyone wrote:
If a random post with no personal info is hiding behind amother you know the intention was to be nasty or hurtful.

Sorry but I disagree. OP was concerned of those making fun of everyone. She simply didn't want to be the laughingstock on here. While I dont post here that often, I've used amother in the past for questions I felt were probably too simple for others.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 3:41 am
3mitzvos wrote:
I didn't know that measuring your skirts was a "thing"..... I've heard about the "4-inches below the knee" thing, but I think it's fairly easy to tell if a skirt is about that long without measuring it. So confused.... I understand that the OP meant this thread as a joke, but are you guys joking about some women measuring skirts? or serious?

Thats what I was wondering. But did op mean it as a joke? That didnt come across.

cm

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 4:41 am
3mitzvos wrote:

I assumed she was sewing or something like that.

cnc

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 4:52 am
happyone wrote:

Or because you have no interest in outing your location so all your yenta neighbors scroll through your old posts to identify you.

crust

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 5:13 am
cnc wrote:
Or because you have no interest in outing your location so all your yenta neighbors scroll through your old posts to identify you.

How does a screen name reveal your location?

3mitzvos

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 5:38 am
watergirl wrote:
Thats what I was wondering. But did op mean it as a joke? That didnt come across.

At first I also thought she was serious, but then I was thinking about the size of a 9x13 -- wouldn't that be extremely short!? (unless she meant from the knee down???)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 8:01 am
Thanks all for your replies. I was too busy looking for my tape measure so I didnt see the rest of your your posts. Thanks for all who understood me. I needed to know if the online info that a skirt is 25 inches will be as good as the current skirt my daughter has. And I am a Williamsburg person and I lost my tape measure! Usually its in my purse so I have it when I shop etc. I dont know how the other williamsburg person felt offended. I am Williamsburg myself and did not mean to make fun. 2 bekelech 9*13 would be 26. I wanted to know if its the top rim or the bottom that is 13...I ended up not buying the skirt.

Fave

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:56 pm
Crust, thanks for linking this thread. I laughed out loud with tears. Boy did I need this now.

OP, you are truly innovative! Love it. I use my floor tiles a lot for such purposes!

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, couldn’t resist!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen