Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hands on Parent Teleconference to Educate and Empower
1  2  Next

aliyahwoman

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:23 am
Hi! My friends, Roizy and Friedy Guttmann, have started a foundation to help children and parents receive free education on developmental challenges, make changes in the Department of Education, and establish support groups for parents of children with emotional and behavioral challenges. They have been doing free seminars every year in local communities in NY to educate and empower parents.

I am so excited that they are offering parents everywhere to learn from them about development and children. Their first teleconference is next Tuesday, May 23 at 9 PM NY time. Registration ends at night on Sunday May 21. Minimum donation required, all donations go directly to the foundation to help children and families.

Here's the link on the topics:

https://handsonotrehab.com/teleconference/

Last edited by aliyahwoman on Sun, May 21 2017, 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:33 am
What else does this foundation do besides run the conferences? Where can I find out more about other conferences - the general idea appeals to me but the specific topics on this one aren't really so relevant.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:36 am
I fully enjoyed reading everything you had to say about ADHD and or autism but when you mentioned how nutrition has an affect I shut down and wanted to tell you your wrong. That won't go over to manyparentswho know a thing or two about ADHD and autism. If it's nutrition don't you think we would be doing better today? So I'm out.

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:42 am
Goldenrod, you ought to do more research. Nutrition has been empirically shown to have a strong role in helping to improve the behaviors of many people with ADHD and autism. It is possible that part of their condition causes them not to metabolize nutrients properly and therefore they need something different/more than others. I'm not sure if we'll ever know exactly. But there is definitely a link. It may not be a magic wand and it may not help everybody, I don't know, but to say that it is wrong that nutrition affects ADHD and autism is just uninformed.

Not sure what this has to do with this post, though; I didn't see anything about nutrition in this hands on OT site.

aliyahwoman

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:12 am
seeker - the foundation's goals are listed here:

https://handsonotrehab.com/h-o.....tion/

As far as other questions, I guess email them to find out more. This isn't my foundation so I can't answer any of these questions. They did say that if you want a future topic to be addressed to email foundation@handsonotrehab.com.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:15 am
Sounds interesting. I tried the link, I didn't get anything. Is that correct?

aliyahwoman

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:21 am
I just fixed the link - try it again

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:23 am
Thanks for sharing!

cnc

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:48 am
seeker wrote:
Goldenrod, you ought to do more research. Nutrition has been empirically shown to have a strong role in helping to improve the behaviors of many people with ADHD and autism. It is possible that part of their condition causes them not to metabolize nutrients properly and therefore they need something different/more than others. I'm not sure if we'll ever know exactly. But there is definitely a link. It may not be a magic wand and it may not help everybody, I don't know, but to say that it is wrong that nutrition affects ADHD and autism is just uninformed.

Not sure what this has to do with this post, though; I didn't see anything about nutrition in this hands on OT site.

This.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:19 am
Thank you so for the link fix! Thank you for sharing!! I am so excited. I have gone to their parent seminars live in the past. They are so intelligent and helpful. Grateful that they are doing this. Would never have know about this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

proudma

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 3:25 am
seeker wrote:

seeker - totally agree with you! Not sure if this is what Goldenrod was talking about but on their site they also have a course about Making Sense of Sensory which will have a topic of nutrition and sensory integration.

Goldenrod - I have seen dramatic changes in my children who have ADHD once I changed their diet. In fact I signed up for this teleconference and plan on asking them to discuss nutrition in future topics.

If you need more info about the changes I made PM me.

aliyahwoman - thanks for sharing with us

amother
White

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:23 am
I can't make it that night. Are they doing it again? How do we get the recording?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:34 am
I dont know who you all are going to for all your info on nutrition that helps for adhd. but if you have spoken to professionals that are top in the field just like I have then thats the updated info I was given. and yes I have a child with adhd. and yes this child is on meds. and no I am not speaking from just my mouth I am speaking of research. maybe there is research that the top in the field have not gotten to???????? hmmm intersting.

whatever. its upsetting to me. that so many still beleive that nutrition has any say in this. yet so many of us have given medication to our kids for adhd. so dont you think if its nurtition then adhd would be gone?

amother
White

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
I can't make it that night. Are they doing it again? How do we get the recording?

anyone?

maestro

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 6:43 pm
Just saw that registration for the teleconference is ending on Sunday night.

amother
White

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 9:14 am
Bump

aliyahwoman

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:52 am
amother wrote:
anyone?

Yes. A recording will be available. You can email them at foundation@handsonotrehab.com to find out how to get that done.

Happydance

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:41 am
Wow 15$ for a teleconference...
What a service

aliyahwoman

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 6:56 am
rlm wrote:
What a service

Yes. They are really trying to get the word out and have parents learn and educate themselves. They are not advertising this in any publications to save money so it's all through word of mouth. Please spread the word so more parents know about this service.

seeker

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 9:00 am
rlm wrote:
What a service

I'm not sure what your issue is. It's fairly normal to charge a fee for classes, including live, phone, and webinars. Most people don't work for free.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics