Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Invisalign. Is it worth the price or is it overrated?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 10:21 am
I'm looking to do invisalign. I have crowded teeth and a deep overnite. I did my research by one orthodontics Eli Halabi, he sounds great and very knowledgeable. He offered to do propel as well to speed up process as I have a wedding in 7 months and the normal process is about 12-18 months. However, the price is super astronomically high. He claims insurance won't cover anything.
Interestingly enough my younger daughter had the same and was approved by insurance right away for braces.
Can anyone advise me please on their experiences. If invisalign works or not, and if insurance could cover cost partially or wholly. And if you know if different dentists charge differently. All input will be very appreciated.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 2:04 pm
My daughter has invisalign. She is happy with it, though we are early on in the process, so I can't tell you about progress. Our insurance covers the same amount for braces or invisalign. Our orthodontist charges the same for both.
Do you know how he plans to speed it up? I would think he might give you less trays with more of a shift difference between them? Try to find out, and I would suggest a second opinion.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 2:10 pm
Every dental insurance plan may differ in what they cover, for whom (adult vs child), and how much they cover of it, and what your copayment would be. The only place to get the information for conclusively would be to call your dental insurance company.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 2:32 pm
I did it for 3 mos for some crooked teeth...I'm in my 60s. Am very happy with it. They are not perfect but almost perfect:) Wear retainer ever night now. It was $1900. but I live OOT.

sky

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 2:35 pm
Our dental insurance only cover braces for children (could be up to 18 years) about $1000 or 50%, whichever is less. They don't cover adults at all.

happy12

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:25 pm
Orthodontist coverage is generally only up to age 19

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:51 pm
DH had it, since he didn't have braces when young. Worked wonders for him, with a big improvement in the forest few months.
No insurance, so it cost $5k+.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:35 pm
Every dental insurance plan I've seen only covers orthodontics for minors if at all. So strange that they never cover for adults, especially if the adults never had as children, very frustrating especially since I would love to get them as well

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:10 pm
Thanx for your responses.
I went for 3 opinions.
1) was optimistic and suggested propel to speed up invisalign.
2) very pessimistic about procedure and payment.
3) was optimistic too, didn't suggest propel but suggested tray changes every week vs. every 2-3 wks. They did iTero scanning to show me how improvements will look in aon the and more. Was cheaper in price too and local.
Insurance won't cover so it's all out of pocket.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:23 pm
My daughter changes her trays every week.

What is propel?

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 5:13 pm
Whoever went- did they charge you for the consult? I've seen one orthodontist for a basic consultation but was told a real evaluation with measurements would cost close to 400, and until then they wouldn't know if they need to pull good teeth (which I totally want to avoid).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries