Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Want to lose 30 pounds
1  2  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:45 pm
Hi! My baby is 9 months old and I am still nursing him. I am 5.3 and 156 pounds...I want to lose at least 30 pounds. I need help /support. I don't even know where to start!
Here is a little about me...
This is my 3rs child and most weight is still from my first. I lost between number 2 and 3 some weight but only after she stopped nursing (at 18 months)
I eat pretty healthy. Mg general diet is like this..
Big salad with protein for brunch

Then a fruit or veggy in afternoon

Then supper.
My issue is I think that I am hungry in the afternoons nd sometimes eat supper with my kids early and then again when dh comes home. (Notvas much) I also tend to over stuff myself and have no portion control.

Also:
I eat no dairy, white flour, sugar, food coloring or msg, sweets, very little pastries when I able myself which is like once every couple months.

I barely do exercise unless u count the huge flight if steps to my office.

What would be my first step or diet suggestions.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:58 pm
Drink water
Try to get in a 20 minute workout daily
Get enough sleep
The supper part.... Either eat a fruit when feeding your kids or when giving dh supper. You might be eating too much then

cnc

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:00 pm
More smaller meals

breakfast

Fruit

Lunch

Fruit

Dinner

Have your food measured out.
It may be worth it to go to a good nutritionist to get a meal plan and learn portion sizes.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:09 pm
I have found the Whole30 to be incredible for weight loss, especially when being careful to follow the meal template to the letter. For me, the Whole30 eliminates my trigger foods, so that I eat normal amounts and feel full.

You've already eliminated many of the Whole30 no-no's so it wouldn't be as big of a change for you.

Also: DRINK DRINK DRINK, SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP. (I know, easier said than done with a 9mo... but I have found it to make a big difference in weight loss.) And sure, exercise helps too, but I believe that weight loss has the most to do with what you're feeding yourself.

rosebunch

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:16 pm
I'm currently nursing and following the 17 day diet plan. I already lost 22 lbs and almost reached my goal. I believe it'll be easy for you to follow it, since you're already omitting many no-no foods from your diet. Smaller, frequent meals are extremely important to keep your metabolism going. Drink 8-10 cups of water daily, not counting coffee or tea as part of these required cups. You can purchase the book (I bought a used copy) on Amazon. Good Luck!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:41 pm
rosebunch wrote:
I'm currently nursing and following the 17 day diet plan. I already lost 22 lbs and almost reached my goal. I believe it'll be easy for you to follow it, since you're already omitting many no-no foods from your diet. Smaller, frequent meals are extremely important to keep your metabolism going. Drink 8-10 cups of water daily, not counting coffee or tea as part of these required cups. You can purchase the book (I bought a used copy) on Amazon. Good Luck!

Can you give me a general idea of what you can eat on this diet I'm thinking of trying it.
Thank you

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:09 am
I also really recommend the whole30
best change food wise I have ever done.

miami85

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:08 am
I don't sell the product, but I would say, when you are done nursing, try the Trim You spray--its intense, but not much more different than Whole 30--which doesn't guarantee weight loss and the Trim You spray is designed for weight loss. I did it and lost almost 50lbs through 2 rounds, my husband lost 40lbs and I have a friend doing it who has gone from a 3xl to size 18 since January and she's still going.

I also ate healthy, and would experience that same "afternoon hunger" and nothing else seemed to work and I just had no time for more exercise or more sleep.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:37 am
miami85 wrote:
I don't sell the product, but I would say, when you are done nursing, try the Trim You spray--its intense, but not much more different than Whole 30--which doesn't guarantee weight loss and the Trim You spray is designed for weight loss. I did it and lost almost 50lbs through 2 rounds, my husband lost 40lbs and I have a friend doing it who has gone from a 3xl to size 18 since January and she's still going.

I also ate healthy, and would experience that same "afternoon hunger" and nothing else seemed to work and I just had no time for more exercise or more sleep.

Can u elaborate on what it is?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:38 am
Thanks for the responses. I have to start drinking more although I do think Ino get 8 or 10 cups of water daily. I don't drink anything else besides grape juice on shabbos. I get about 8 hours of sleep nightly. I think I have to do portion control and exercise.

Alson have never been on a real diet before....

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:53 am
If the problem is that you're hungry late in the day, the solution I would try first is to eat more earlier in the day. It won't happen overnight, but your body will stop craving calories in the afternoon because it will realize it is actually getting enough. If that doesn't work you can consider a real diet.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:59 am
could relate to you I weigh 148 and am 5.3 I have one baby and also am trying to lose like 20 pounds.

I find the things that work for me is to eat 3 meals and snacks between like yogurts,fruits,veggys and sometimes a light snack and drink loads of water.

I find if I eat normal and balance meals through out the day that fill me up I don't have that afternoon hunger.

my issue is I eat emotionaly sometimes so im trying to work on that now.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:00 am
I am no expert
I am myself trying to do low carb
And here is some suggestions based on your post
1. Drink more
2. You are watching carbs, but are you counting how many carbs are you consuming per day. Keep a track of amount of carbs for 3 days. For some moderate amount of carbs isn't enough to jump start weight loss. You need to actually cut it pretty low... like Atkins way under 20 grams per day and than as you start to lose you allow yourself to have more
3. If you have Facebook, there are few Low carb pages where people write about their weighloss journey, daily recipes and meal plans.And from other people posts you learn what may work for you
4. Daily exercise even 30min on treadmill
5. Some women have a really hard time loosing weight while nursing and you might have better success when you are done
6. Daily it's ok to have your weight fluctuate upto 5Lbs as long as the weight is coming off weekly

miami85

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:01 am
amother wrote:
Can u elaborate on what it is?

Its an amazing systematic diet that sounds really extreme, but it works SO well. You are essentially turning your body into a "camel" that literally feeds off your stored fat--while not having cravings or hunger--trust me it was AMAZING. If you transition well, it won't just pack the pounds back on. Yes, you need to retrain your diet afterwards, but if you were just back to a healthy weight--you would feel so much better about eating right and exercising. When you are 20+lbs overweight--it feels like "what's another cookie going to hurt" but if you are at a healthy weight you can feel better about little cheats b/c you will know how your body reacts to it. And as someone once pointed out to me--its SO much easier to exercise when you are 30lbs lighter! I actually did a 2nd round--besides for needing to lose more--b/c I just loved how I felt on the diet. Its detoxifying and resetting your metabolism at the same time.

Its very systematic with a website for support--and there's a Jewish moderator on there for Shabbos/y"t questions.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:56 am
Does it make sense that last night my scale said 157 and this morning 152?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:07 am
miami85 wrote:
I don't sell the product, but I would say, when you are done nursing, try the Trim You spray--its intense, but not much more different than Whole 30--which doesn't guarantee weight loss and the Trim You spray is designed for weight loss.

It's completely different. The Whole30 is about feeding your body real food to satiation, Trim You is about starving yourself to weight loss while tricking your body into thinking it's full.

Most people who follow the Whole30 strictly and keep to the meal template lose weight at a reasonable pace. It isn't a crash diet or lose 10 lbs by next week kind of thing, no.

Seas

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:10 am
Food diary for a week. Write down every single thing you eat (including amount), then look back and decide what you can cut out/down.

miami85

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
It's completely different. The Whole30 is about feeding your body real food to satiation, Trim You is about starving yourself to weight loss while tricking your body into thinking it's full.

Most people who follow the Whole30 strictly and keep to the meal template lose weight at a reasonable pace. It isn't a crash diet or lose 10 lbs by next week kind of thing, no.

No its not a "Crash diet", my husband lost 40lbs, and has kept it off for over 6 months while watching his weight using "normal methods".

the 2nd phase is not a lot of food, but you are not starving yourself. I never felt deprived and I felt fairly energetic. I was incredibly surprised at how amazing I felt on so little calories--because its taking your calories from within by putting your body in ketosis.

The 3rd phase of the Trim You/HCG diet is in many ways similar to Whole 30--no grain/carbs, lots of fat and protein--similar nutritional concepts. My husband would often be "hungry" after lunch and dinner and would resort to snacking and this diet taught him to eat more protein and be satisfied. It retrains you to think that "fat is your friend, carbs are the enemy". The only reason I didn't keep the weight off is b/c I got pregnant again--but that was my goal.

The thing is if you want a long-drawn out process, with ups and downs, try any food-diary, weight watchers, calorie counting program. If you want a SURE thing--you've got to try this.

As one website put it: Sure can't anyone lose weight only consuming 500 calories a day? The answer is you might, but you might also feel faint, sluggish and end up looking like a gaunt skeloton. This diet only burns off "unhealthy fat" it came off of places that no matter what exercise I would do, wouldn't come off--back, hips. I went from my 1x skirts with elastic feeling snug to wearing zippered 10/12s between Sukkos and and Pesach.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:17 am
I also need to lose weight. When I did lose weight before my last pregnancy, one trick that helped me a lot was drinking a full glass of water before each meal.

Then also having cut up veggies (I did cucumbers, bell pepppers, broccoli and carrots) on hand at all times. This allowed me to feel full without eating junky food or too much

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
Does it make sense that last night my scale said 157 and this morning 152?

yes I weigh myself a few times daily and the diff between at night and in the morning is around 4-5 pounds for me
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise