Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Anne With An "E"

sequoia

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:13 pm
So... what do we think?

Sake

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 6:34 pm
I don't know yet!! I heard it was now on Canadian Netflix but I haven't been able to find it. I'm hopeful that it is decent. When I was young I enjoyed Emily of New Moon (by the same author) better than Anne because it was darker and more broody. Funny the memories this is bringing up, because I really had to sneak and hide those books or my mother would have had a kaniption!

sequoia

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 7:20 pm
It's on American Netflix, don't know about other countries.

It's super dark compared to the books.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:40 am
I didn't watch it yet, but I used to watch Anne of Green Gables and liked it. I never read the books. I was not much of a reader when I was younger.

treestump

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:52 pm
I've been hearing so many mixed reviews about it. Main complaint is that it's very dark, but given Anne's background, that is way more realistic than the original cheery Anne.

Is it good though? Worth the watch?

sequoia

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:59 pm
treestump wrote:
I've been hearing so many mixed reviews about it. Main complaint is that it's very dark, but given Anne's background, that is way more realistic than the original cheery Anne.

Yeah, I liked it. It's definitely realistic that she'd be exposed to all kinds of crаp in her previous environment.

They completely changed some of the characters for the worse, for no apparent reason. That was less warranted.

dimyona

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:20 pm
I've watched only the first episode, and my immediate feedback is that the casting is impeccable. Anne looks like she stepped out of the pages of the book, and Rachel Lynde was just perfect!

sequoia

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:34 pm
dimyona wrote:
I've watched only the first episode, and my immediate feedback is that the casting is impeccable. Anne looks like she stepped out of the pages of the book, and Rachel Lynde was just perfect!

I binge watched in one night... till dawn LOL

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:44 pm
treestump wrote:

I made the mistake of trying to watch it with my young daughter and her flashbacks are pretty intense.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 11:52 pm
As someone who grew up watching the movie with great memories, this was a little difficult to watch. I think my biggest struggle is with the main character.. really not a fan! Not sure if it's her acting or the script (or the combination), but I was disappointed. I felt annoyed by her character when my memories of Anne were always someone I felt I could relate to and who I could be friends with in real life. Do Not feel that way with this actress!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics