Dr. Stein's office is obsessed w/ Child Protective Services
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:32 am
amother wrote:
So how come you are so sure that in this case it didn't happen and the young girl made it up? How do you know this? At face value the girl was making a very serious claim that would indeed warrant acs.

The girl did not offer the information - the doctor grilled her for 2 hours about touching and all that, and promised that it will get better after this if she says the ''truth''. I see a disgruntled, overloaded teen with a grudge against her father.

amother

Ecru

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:34 am
amother wrote:
I promise to believe any teenager who finds the courage to reveal something like that.

I know that the nicest guys can be very sick on the inside, and some dysfunctional families do a very good job of hiding their problems under the rug.

There's a difference between having the courage to reveal something and being questioned in a way that prompts certain answers and twists them to make them look sinister.
Don't know the story but just saying it's not so simple...

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:35 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Hug

Sounds like someone needs a cookie and a nap.

She is unmarried, in her mid-30's, living away from her family for many years.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
There's a difference between having the courage to reveal something and being questioned in a way that prompts certain answers and twists them to make them look sinister.
Don't know the story but just saying it's not so simple...

Well said, Anon Ecru! That is what I am trying to say here! It is so hard, because when you hear abuse like this, you automatically think the adult is in the wrong... what about when the teenager manipulates the story and the system?

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:41 am
amother wrote:
Are you saying that every time a story like this breaks, is it ALWAYS the adult accused who is at fault? How about a smart child who is a pathological liar?

I do be live that people can have agendas.

And let's say this child is a liar. Children usually lie the opposite way around. They say it did NOT happen however graphic the question is.
Pathalogical liar? Was she diagnosed? You know what this term means? But for now let's just say you wanted to call her a big liar; if so,
My question would be; why did this child have to become such a big liar? Children lie for lack of options.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
what about when the teenager manipulates the story and the system?

Again, how did she get to this point of manipulating the story and the system? I'm not writing it off as if I'm sure about something. I'm just asking curiously.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:49 am
crust wrote:
I do be live that people can have agendas.

And let's say this child is a liar. Children usually lie the opposite way around. They say it did NOT happen however graphic the question is.
Pathalogical liar? Was she diagnosed? You know what this term means? But for now let's just say you wanted to call her a big liar; if so,
My question would be; why did this child have to become such a big liar? Children lie for lack of options.

Crust, this isn't the place to toot horns, but yes, I am familiar with the term pathological liar - I have my degree in Pyschology.

The teenager found a 'cool' lady who was giving her attention, someone outside her community, not chasidish, who was talking to her about topics that are taboo in her home and life. She most likely needed a listening air to her teen troubles and she found it. She wasn't gonna miss that opportunity. The girl didn't offer the information, she was fed the info and encouraged to agree, with promises of things getting better if she does.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:52 am
crust wrote:
Again, how did she get to this point of manipulating the story and the system? I'm not writing it off as if I'm sure about something. I'm just asking curiously.

She was fed a boatload of information, and through 2 hours of pushing by the nurse, agreed to confirm it when the ACS got called down. The nurse made her feel like she is doing a wonderful thing by repeating the information she just heard. The nurse then sat through the interview with ACD and literally kept telling the girl want to say, under the pretense that the girl was scared and nervous to answer on her own.

debsey

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:55 am
amother wrote:
She was fed a boatload of information, and through 2 hours of pushing by the nurse, agreed to confirm it when the ACS got called down. The nurse made her feel like she is doing a wonderful thing by repeating the information she just heard. The nurse then sat through the interview with ACD and literally kept telling the girl want to say, under the pretense that the girl was scared and nervous to answer on her own.

Something is wrong with this story. ACS is not supposed to have anyone in the room when they interview the child. We're missing a lot of information here. Either way, OP, this is not the forum for this conversation.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:56 am
amother wrote:
Crust, this isn't the place to toot horns, but yes, I am familiar with the term pathological liar - I have my degree in Pyschology.

Then why isn't she taken care of? If a parent knows thier child is a pathological liar, they don't send her off to the pediatrician without a shadow.
The rest of your post was too old school for a 2017 professional. Upgrade your degree I'd suggest.

LiLIsraeli

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:12 am
Whether the child is telling the truth or not, that's not your judgment call to make. However, a pediatric nurse practitioner is a mandated reporter, and if she hears information like that - under whatever circumstance - whether she coaxed the information out of her or it was freely offered - it is her job to call ACS. They will make find out if the child is fabricating information or telling the truth. She's doing exactly what she is supposed to do.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:18 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Whether the child is telling the truth or not, that's not your judgment call to make. However, a pediatric nurse practitioner is a mandated reporter, and if she hears information like that - under whatever circumstance - whether she coaxed the information out of her or it was freely offered - it is her job to call ACS. They will make find out if the child is fabricating information or telling the truth. She's doing exactly what she is supposed to do.

Whoa... have you ever had to deal with CPS or the ACS? The burden of proof is on the defendant, not on the ACS.

groisamomma

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:18 am
Tbe particulars of what happened to all these children isn't so much my business but I would definitely say to switch pediatricians.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:23 am
groisamomma wrote:
Tbe particulars of what happened to all these children isn't so much my business but I would definitely say to switch pediatricians.

I definitely will, especially since the current staff refuses to even dismiss this new nurse or have her on probation while this is sorted out.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:25 am
crust wrote:
Then why isn't she taken care of? If a parent knows thier child is a pathological liar, they don't send her off to the pediatrician without a shadow.
The rest of your post was too old school for a 2017 professional. Upgrade your degree I'd suggest.

Crust, I am not currently in practice, my apologies for sounding old school 😃 the point here is that it isn't okay to automatically assume the adult is wrong.

WhatFor

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:39 am
You seem to have a lot of information about what happened between the np and the teen. How did you come by this information? Did the teen or np explicitly tell you that that happened?

amother

Periwinkle

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 2:22 am
I use dr stein. I never saw a nurse there? Who is she?

Also, I was never grilled about child abuse. She mentions it to my children at their well visits.
I can't believe she grilled a teen for 2 TWO!! hours! Where was her mother?

Something is missing here.
What about the other 2 stories you mentioned here about CPS? You only confirmed 1.

shevi82

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 2:59 am
amother wrote:

The teenager found a 'cool' lady who was giving her attention, someone outside her community, not chasidish, who was talking to her about topics that are taboo in her home and life. She most likely needed a listening air to her teen troubles and she found it. She wasn't gonna miss that opportunity. The girl didn't offer the information, she was fed the info and encouraged to agree, with promises of things getting better if she does.

Oh please, and that is why she would blame her father for touching inappropriately.
I find it hard to believe and very upsetting that you do.

baby12x

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:06 am
amother wrote:
I definitely will, especially since the current staff refuses to even dismiss this new nurse or have her on probation while this is sorted out.

Wouldn't that be illegal? To fire a nurse for reporting suspected child abuse.

amother

Amber

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:27 am
amother wrote:
The girl did not offer the information - the doctor grilled her for 2 hours about touching and all that, and promised that it will get better after this if she says the ''truth''. I see a disgruntled, overloaded teen with a grudge against her father.

Shocked it's very very very hard to say that your father touches you even when it IS true, even when you are furious with him and are being guided in conversation. No matter what the family dynamic, I have a difficult time believing a girl would make this up about her own father. You might want to slow your train of thought down just a bit...and even if what you're accusing the girl of is true (fabricating molestation) then there must be a myriad of serious issues that caused her to think along those lines and intervention is still the right thing.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next Recent Topics

Page 2 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h