Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Help me think of a bas mitzvah gift for DD

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:18 am
I'm not thinking in terms of siddurim, tehillim, tzedaka in her name, etc. Nothing spiritual for now because we have that covered.

She already has a camera, DS3 and games, a watch, her aunts are buying her an overnight bag with her name on it and a piece of jewelry. She's eating out with her aunts so that's out.

DH and I are at a loss. Any ideas?

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:22 am
How much do you want to spend? That might help people with ideas.

I buy my girls a ring for their Bas Mitzva - they get to choose it. Even if her aunts are getting her a piece of jewelry, you can get her something that is from her parents, and it can be a different piece. It's nice for them to own something real, if that's in your price range.

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:45 am
I like a piece of jewelery that she can wear through her young adult years. Something timeless. Maybe a nice pendant?

Goldie613

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 10:39 am
Does she have any hobbies that she loves? Can you tie in something with that?

What if it's not a physical gift - what about a trip somewhere or going to a art class, if that's something that she likes?

If she loves to read, what about some new books and maybe a small bookcase to go with it?

Obviously all answer would have to get modified depending on what you want to spend.

Does your daughter have any requests???

Mazel tov, and good luck!

Happy Birthday Ice cream Cheers Party

EmpireState

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 6:59 pm
I know you said she's already getting jewelry, but Hedaya bracelets/necklaces are very popular in that age group. You can order online and they will personalize and send from Israel.
https://oneofakind-store.com/

yksraya

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:33 pm
Something nice for her room, or if she's musical, perhaps a piano or instrument. If she likes to bake, a whole set of baking gadgets. Or an art set etc.

Maybe an mp3 or ipod filled with the latest/her favorite songs.

lora

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:16 pm
A new linen set, a jewelry box, a locket, curling iron or blow dryer, hobby equipment like instrument ballet shoes baking kit. .. Ipod, I got a diary ( and siddur) for mine and I'm still writing in that diary

groisamomma

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:09 am
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! She did mention something about a Step it Up but I have no idea how much that costs and we don't have a computer to attach it to anyway. I'll definitely look into some of these ideas so thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics