Dr. Stein's office is obsessed w/ Child Protective Services
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
Am I the only one that can't make heads or tails of this post?

Hotpink, what I understood from this post was that the conversation could've started with the fact that her father hits her, and quickly escalated to the nurse encouraging her to lie and say he touched her inappropriately so that the ACS will come and make him stop slapping.

And that parents need to upgrade their discipline methods, and go for professional help if the situation warrents it.

amother

Cobalt

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:32 am
amother wrote:
I appreciate your input. The conversation with the nurse may very have started by getting the girl to admit that her father physically slapped her. She may have a lot of anger towards him, so upon pressing further, it wouldn't be that difficult to get her to 'admit' that her father was touching her inappropriately, especially if she knew it would get him into trouble. It could've been as simple as the nurse saying 'you want the slapping to stop? Then say this and this when the ACS comes down.'

Again, conjecture, and ridiculous ones at that.

From a "wonderful person" he just became a guy who slaps his teenage daughter. Ew.

allthingsblue

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:35 am
amother wrote:
I really want to believe not...

Banging head Banging head

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
Hotpink, what I understood from this post was that the conversation could've started with the fact that her father hits her, and quickly escalated to the nurse encouraging her to lie and say he touched her inappropriately so that the ACS will come and make him stop slapping.

And that parents need to upgrade their discipline methods, and go for professional help if the situation warrents it.

Thanks. It's a bit clearer now.

I don't want to say that your brother is a molestor , but it's important keep our children safe by being open-minded minded enough to realize that even those whom we think we know well can very possibly be abusers. (Although if I understood correctly- did a man hit his teenage daughter? That's beyond bad chinuch. That's downright inappropriate. )

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:45 am
amother wrote:
Thanks. It's a bit clearer now.

I don't want to say that your brother is a molestor , but it's important keep our children safe by being open-minded minded enough to realize that even those whom we think we know well can very possibly be abusers. (Although if I understood correctly- did a man hit his teenage daughter? That's beyond bad chinuch. That's downright inappropriate. )

It isn't my brother Shocked ....

I may know more details to the story, but at the end of the day, was I in the home if/when something did happen? No. I am trying to wrap my head around it, too, knowing the purples and dynamics involved. It is just highly suspicious that in the course of a few weeks, the ACS got called down to the doctor's.office, by this Nurse, for this reason. If anyone has agenda, it's her! I'm no ostrich with my head in the sand, but claiming that child abuse and molestation is running rampant in our community is uncalled for.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
Again, conjecture, and ridiculous ones at that.

From a "wonderful person" he just became a guy who slaps his teenage daughter. Ew.

I appreciate your passion and frustration towards this. See my most recent response.

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:47 am
amother wrote:

I may know more details to the story, but at the end of the day, was I in the home if/when something did happen? No. I am trying to wrap my head around it, too, knowing the purples and dynamics involved. It is just highly suspicious that in the course of a few weeks, the ACS got called down to the doctor's.office, by this Nurse, for this reason. If anyone has agenda, it's her! I'm no ostrich with my head in the sand, but claiming that child abuse and molestation is running rampant in our community is uncalled for.

Sorry for assuming that it's your brother. I'm merely quoting you "imagine this is your brother and niece..."

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:49 am
amother wrote:

Oh but let me tell you, as someone that is sort of involved in the klal... child abuse and molestation most certainly is running rampant in our community.
Be happy that you're ignorant.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 8:54 am
amother wrote:

Be happy that you're ignorant.
Agree. But If the OP can try to be ignorant about some thing else like, high sugar intake, that wouldn't bother me. She sais she has a degree in psychology. I hope she doesn't practice it. Crying or Very sad

LiLIsraeli

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:01 am
amother wrote:
My initial post was to hear from fellow posters. It is frustrating that 99% of responders here automatically assume the girl is the victim of molestation.

My good friend was abused by her father for over a decade before she was brave enough to go to the cops. He was a principal of a special ed school, a respected member of his community. He ran to Isreal as soon as she blew the horn. Believe me, I am NOT trying to cover up abuse in our community. What I am trying to do to, is stop someone in position of power from taking advantage of the one-sided approach our community takes when molestation is suspected.

Re: the bolded. It's not that we believe the girl is a victim of molestation. She may or may not be. We don't know, and we certainly don't have enough information to find out.

HOWEVER, if there is suspected abuse, it is a mandated reporter's job to report that suspected abuse to ACS. It's not the nurse's job to ascertain whether or not the girl is telling the truth. We don't know what the truth is, and neither do you.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:02 am
crust wrote:
Agree. But If the OP can try to be ignorant about some thing else like, high sugar intake, that wouldn't bother me. She sais she has a degree in psychology. I hope she doesn't practice it. Crying or Very sad

I am far from ignorant when it comes to this. There's a strong reason I am upset about these particular cases. Why do I get the feeling that you don't exactly care for the chassidishe community? And that you also believe all men are pigs with no self control? Molestations is rampant, you say? I'm sorry you live in a paranoid world. I live in a realistic one, where yes, there are often bad people doing horrendous things. But slapping our community with rampant molestdtiom charges is uncool.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:05 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Re: the bolded. It's not that we believe the girl is a victim of molestation. She may or may not be. We don't know, and we certainly don't have enough information to find out.

HOWEVER, if there is suspected abuse, it is a mandated reporter's job to report that suspected abuse to ACS. It's not the nurse's job to ascertain whether or not the girl is telling the truth. We don't know what the truth is, and neither do you.

True! What we do know is that the nurse does have a recent pattern of talking to teenagers without the supervision of parents, and then surprise, ACS comes down. Come on!!

amother

Ruby

amother wrote:
I appreciate your input. The conversation with the nurse may very have started by getting the girl to admit that her father physically slapped her. She may have a lot of anger towards him, so upon pressing further, it wouldn't be that difficult to get her to 'admit' that her father was touching her inappropriately, especially if she knew it would get him into trouble. It could've been as simple as the nurse saying 'you want the slapping to stop? Then say this and this when the ACS comes down.'

Wrong.
In a regular situation where there may have been an occasional slap here or there, a child does not want to get their parents in trouble even if there was some hurt. In general, children are very protective towards their parents. Unless there is serious dysfunction going on. In which case, enter CPS - for a warranted reason.

shabbatiscoming

Pearl amother, again, I ask you, were you in the room with this teenager while they were talking to her? Are you a family member? And again, you keep on talking about ONE case but then you say "these cases"and you never bring down any other examples.

amother

Ruby

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
I am far from ignorant when it comes to this. There's a strong reason I am upset about these particular cases. Why do I get the feeling that you don't exactly care for the chassidishe community? And that you also believe all men are pigs with no self control? Molestations is rampant, you say? I'm sorry you live in a paranoid world. I live in a realistic one, where yes, there are often bad people doing horrendous things. But slapping our community with rampant molestdtiom charges is uncool.

I care very much about the chassidish world.
(And I strongly suspect that Crust is chassidish too btw).
I do take issue that some of you actually don't care about yourselves and rather protect abusers. I have seen others doing the same here recently.

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:09 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Pearl amother, again, I ask you, were you in the room with this teenager while they were talking to her? Are you a family member? And again, you keep on talking about ONE case but then you say "these cases"and you never bring down any other examples.

The one case I know clear details on, is a close relative. No, I was not in the room. If the ACs can take a father to court simply on heresay, then trust me, I didn't need to be in the room to know damage was done.

The other cases are the ACS coming down to the doctors office after girls coming in for routine checkups. Her pattern of behavior clearly shows her having an agenda against our community, and maybe, men?

amother

Pearl

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
I care very much about the chassidish world.
(And I strongly suspect that Crust is chassidish too btw).
I do take issue that some of you actually don't care about yourselves and rather protect abusers. I have seen others doing the same here recently.

Raaah! I don't want to protect an abuser!! My point I am trying to bring home here is this: Is it not abusive for a nurse to feed information to vulnerable insulated children, just to move along her own vendetta?

ra_mom

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
Raaah! I don't want to protect an abuser!! My point I am trying to bring home here is this: Is it not abusive for a nurse to feed information to vulnerable insulated children, just to move along her own vendetta?

The point posters are trying to make is that we don't believe any feeding was going on.
And unless you were in the room with the nurse and child every time they had an interaction, there's nothing to discuss about who's right.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, May 18 2017, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
The one case I know clear details on, is a close relative. No, I was not in the room. If the ACs can take a father to court simply on heresay, then trust me, I didn't need to be in the room to know damage was done.

The other cases are the ACS coming down to the doctors office after girls coming in for routine checkups. Her pattern of behavior clearly shows her having an agenda against our community, and maybe, men?

That's like saying that if a black man gets arrested for a crime, it must be that whoever called the cops on him is racist and has an agenda.

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:17 am
amother wrote:

The point that people keep trying to make (and apparently you keep on missing) is that how do you know that this was actually the case?
And duh the father gets taken to court on heresay. How else? There's no physical evidence.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Recent Topics

Page 4 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h