Home

Dr. Stein's office is obsessed w/ Child Protective Services
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:22 am
I can be totally off-base here, but if this is still an ongoing investigation, I'm not sure how smart it is to keep this thread up here.
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the OP is based on the fact that she is a patient of this practice and is closely related to this girl.
Dr. Stein is a member of this site(as are many other people) and you don't need ACS getting a hold of this thread.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
I am far from ignorant when it comes to this.
your posts speak a different language.
amother wrote:

There's a strong reason I am upset about these particular cases.

Why? Maybe you need some more education to be able to channel your frustration to the right parties...
amother wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that you don't exactly care for the chassidishe community?
you mean why I don't care to speak my truth about things that happen in communities, including chassidishe?
amother wrote:

And that you also believe all men are pigs with no self control? Molestations is rampant, you say?
where in my posts did you see one word about this?
amother wrote:

I'm sorry you live in a paranoid world

I live in the same world you live. Call it paranoid. I dont.
amother wrote:

I live in a realistic one,
where yes, there are often bad people doing horrendous things. .
then why your whole post for starters? Why the shock of yours?
amother wrote:

But slapping our community with rampant molestdtiom charges is uncool.

Where in my posts did you see me doing so?
I for one, would never start such a thread.
Did you really think you will post this and everyone will come hugging you for the innocent abuse we are suffering from outside goyishe doctors? Shake shake!!! Cmon! Stop embarrassing our community's lack of knowledge.
Maybe that you have a degree, we can make useof it? we can sit down. I will give you info and you, as a professional will be the voice to educate the community.

amother

Ruby

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
The one case I know clear details on, is a close relative.

Yet at the beginning of this thread you were just wondering whether you should change doctors practices. Nothing wrong with that, just pointing out again why many are doubting your story.

Yes, it's very hard to believe that a close relative did something wrong. But you have sort of admitted that this close relative is often slapping his children as well and this child would perhaps resort to admitting that she was abused in order to get the slapping to stop...

shabbatiscoming

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:27 am
amother wrote:
I can be totally off-base here, but if this is still an ongoing investigation, I'm not sure how smart it is to keep this thread up here.
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who the OP is based on the fact that she is a patient of this practice and is closely related to this girl.
Dr. Stein is a member of this site(as are many other people) and you don't need ACS getting a hold of this thread.
How in the world could you know this???? Unless you are saying that you are this doctor??

amother

Hotpink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
How in the world could you know this???? Unless you are saying that you are this doctor??

It's not a secret. She has posted under her username multiple times.

amother

Azure

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:31 am
I tend to write like this. No heads and no tails. Embarassed just skip it Laughing

amother

Silver

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
My initial post was to hear from fellow posters. It is frustrating that 99% of responders here automatically assume the girl is the victim of molestation...
What I am trying to do to, is stop someone in position of power from taking advantage of the one-sided approach our community takes when molestation is suspected.

Yes, on a very rare occasion, a child may fabricate a story about being abused. Unfortunately, far more often, the child is telling the truth and is not believed. Any allegations of abuse must be looked into no matter how respected the alleged abuser is.

Regarding being upset about the girl being questioned in the first place, I'm pretty sure that is standard practice. I remember my mother being sent out of the room and the nurse or doctor asking me questions about my family to make sure I wasn't abused. Even as a child I would never have dreamed of making up a story. I have a hard time believing a teenager would lie about something like this, especially one who is sheltered to say her father is touching her inappropriately

amother

Azure

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
The community is still very far from the place you seem to think it is. I heard the exact same things you are saying now (pathological liar, dysfunctional family) back during the Weberman case, and people here still believe it. Knowing some of the people involved, I also got swept up in the judging of who is lying about what.

If we are indeed finally quick to believe a child, that is great news. That is progress.

Any child who lies about something like that has serious issues and needs counseling anyway.

Would "needs counceling anyway" but ACS is no fun.... and I know when I called ACS on the child that lived on 2 ICEs till 3 pm during country time. You know what they did? Called ahead to say that they are coming. So mother had time to go get take out food and transfer to her pots and containers and fill up the fridge! They marked case unfounded!

SixOfWands

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
The girl did not offer the information - the doctor grilled her for 2 hours about touching and all that, and promised that it will get better after this if she says the ''truth''. I see a disgruntled, overloaded teen with a grudge against her father.

I thought you said that it was a nurse practitioner?

Either way, a teen was held, against her will and interrogated for 2 hours. No one came in. Her parents didn't try to come in. The NP was not needed to care for other patients. The room was not needed for other patients.

This simply does not ring true.

Nor does the notion that someone who makes a living treating patients in a particular community would hire someone with a vendetta against the community, and keep that person in the practice.

Doctors and other medical professionals are mandated reporters. It would not surprise me that a mandated reporter made 3 reports. It would surprise me more if a mandated reported never made a report.

amother

Mustard

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
The point that people keep trying to make (and apparently you keep on missing) is that how do you know that this was actually the case?
And duh the father gets taken to court on heresay. How else? There's no physical evidence.

Its not hearsay. Its the testimony of the victim, who was there and suffered the abuse.

Hearsay is a statement made out of court to prove the truth of the matter asserted. "Bob told me that he drove to Albany yesterday." Hearsay.

amother

Forestgreen

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
Yes, on a very rare occasion, a child may fabricate a story about being abused. Unfortunately, far more often, the child is telling the truth and is not believed. Any allegations of abuse must be looked into no matter how respected the alleged abuser is.

Regarding being upset about the girl being questioned in the first place, I'm pretty sure that is standard practice. I remember my mother being sent out of the room and the nurse or doctor asking me questions about my family to make sure I wasn't abused. Even as a child I would never have dreamed of making up a story. I have a hard time believing a teenager would lie about something like this, especially one who is sheltered to say her father is touching her inappropriately

I'm the mother of a teen going thru a very hard time now (she has been diagnosed with a mood disorder; it runs in the family). I recently took her to her pediatrician, and he sent me out so he could talk to her and make sure that she is safe, that no one has hurt her or been inappropriate with her (just to make sure that nothing like that has triggered this.) Both my husband and myself were fully comfortable with this, and she was totally forthcoming that nothing like that has happened, and that her home environment is loving and supportive.

I can't wrap my brain around the concept of a father slapping his teenage daughter, either. Sure, husband and daughter can argue and teens don't always listen fully to their parents....he can tell her off sometimes, but getting physical wouldn't enter his mind.

Teens are old enough to know the truth and not be mislead by questions. I would think that lying about something like this would be extremely rare.

youngishbear

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:07 am
I don't see how this is about hating the chassidish community.

First of all, as others keep saying, the allegations are far more likely to be true than not. It is important to investigate all disclosures, no matter how skeptical the people around the victim are.

Another point is that many predators choose their victims carefully. If a girl is known to be a "pathological liar", that gives the abuser an extra shield of protection. Or it may have happened the other way around. Has it occured to you that her abuse may be the root of her "pathology?" Your education should have taught you how deeply this kind of violation can affect a person's psyche. Perhaps all her lies are her way of dealing with this intolerable situation in what should be the safety of her own home.

The bottom line is this entire story is weird. Even if this woman is extra vigilant about spotting abuse, I would not be so quick to shoot down her discoveries. Nor would I assume this is about having an agenda against a specific community. Perhaps you need to work through your paranoia. No one is out to get you, and it is doubtful that someone is out to destroy lives or communities while jeapordizing her career.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
Both my husband and myself were fully comfortable with this

Ahhh! Thats a breath of fresh air. Kados to You! These words say so much about your entire home. Your confidence speak a volumes. Wishing you much strength abd hatzlucha with your daughter. I'm happy for her she's in such good hands.

amother

Azure

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Oh but let me tell you, as someone that is sort of involved in the klal... child abuse and molestation most certainly is running rampant in our community.
Be happy that you're ignorant.

We need to be careful with many things that can be close to tskng advantage. Just as a wild made up example your 13 year old child is a child and should not help you every single day for 2 full hours after a 7 hour school. It is not her fault you decided to have that huge amount of kids ken ain hora gezunterheit. Use moderation. Some kids help too little but children have to help with moderation. Also if they are covering your home job or store etc it should be with moderation and only if its not a downgrading thing that will embarrass them in public. And if another child vomited don't summon kids to clean. They can be ones handing you more paper if you have too ask but that's all. I know a mother that never asks her children to diaper #2 of the brother or sisters diaper.

I have offered once to take a child who helps very very hard at home to an outing. It was child of a friend . I spoke to friend and not to her daughter (noch a mazel) and offered we take this daughter who helped a ton for the big bein hazmanim. My daughters were going to an outing with us. We are close friends and mom said no because I want her to help. Whaaaaaat? After all she always helps at such a young age?

mommy3b2c

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
We need to be careful with many things that can be close to tskng advantage. Just as a wild made up example your 13 year old child is a child and should not help you every single day for 2 full hours after a 7 hour school. It is not her fault you decided to have that huge amount of kids ken ain hora gezunterheit. Use moderation. Some kids help too little but children have to help with moderation. Also if they are covering your home job or store etc it should be with moderation and only if its not a downgrading thing that will embarrass them in public. And if another child vomited don't summon kids to clean. They can be ones handing you more paper if you have too ask but that's all. I know a mother that never asks her children to diaper #2 of the brother or sisters diaper.

I have offered once to take a child who helps very very hard at home to an outing. It was child of a friend . I spoke to friend and not to her daughter (noch a mazel) and offered we take this daughter who helped a ton for the big bein hazmanim. My daughters were going to an outing with us. We are close friends and mom said no because I want her to help. Whaaaaaat? After all she always helps at such a young age?

Maybe I'm slow, but what???!!

amother

Ruby

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
I know a mother that never asks her children to diaper #2 of the brother or sisters diaper.

Your post has no connection to the topic at hand.

But I had to comment on this part of it. You know a mother who never asks her children to change a #2 diaper? I should jolly well hope not. I come from a family of 9 and we would have been horrified if my mother expected us to change any diapers at all, of whatever number or form.

return2You

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
I appreciate your input. The conversation with the nurse may very have started by getting the girl to admit that her father physically slapped her. She may have a lot of anger towards him, so upon pressing further, it wouldn't be that difficult to get her to 'admit' that her father was touching her inappropriately, especially if she knew it would get him into trouble. It could've been as simple as the nurse saying 'you want the slapping to stop? Then say this and this when the ACS comes down.'

The kid is a teen and the father is still slapping her. That's enough of a reason to contact ACS.

Chayalle

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 11:11 am
I think Azure is commenting that sometimes the level of "help" some people expect of their teens is also abusive. She was responding to a poster who said that child abuse is rampant in the community.

I agree with Azure.

crust

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 11:13 am
Chayalle wrote:
I think Azure is commenting that sometimes the level of "help" some people expect of their teens is also abusive. She was responding to a poster who said that child abuse is rampant in the community.

I agree with Azure.
I also understood it this way and agree with her as well.

amother

Burgundy

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 11:14 am
Regardless of what this nurse might be doing, no one should be left alone with a child in a closed room at the pediatrician's office for two hours! During a routine visit? And no one else in the offoce was aware of this? Sounds very strange. That alone is something to bring up with whoever runs the practice. And who sends a kid to the pediatrician by themselves? Even a teenager. You leave for a few monutes if they need privacy but really?? And a kid who is a pathalogocal liar or has simolar behavioral issues. Wouldn't the pediatrician be aware aleady of such issues?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Recent Topics

Page 5 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h