Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Perfect Tee No More
1  2  3  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:08 am
Gap has stopped making it's "perfect tee!!!" And it was! Fit slim but not tight, 100% cotton, good neckline... I am desperately in need of some new teeshirts. They need, as above to be 100% or near 100% cotton. Can be 3/4 or long sleeved. Good neckline and nice fit, not shleppy; able to be worn with a shabbos skirt or to work. And not too expensive.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:52 am
Are these ones that you personally have seen or just links? I have done some online shoppingbut it's hard to tell from pictures exactly how somehting will work.

essie14

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
Are these ones that you personally have seen or just links? I have done some online shoppingbut it's hard to tell from pictures exactly how somehting will work.

I own the Eddie Bauer t shirt but it may not fit you the same as it fits me.
These are all returnable. Why not buy a few and see how you like them?

seeker

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:29 am
Also desperately looking. I find shells so overpriced and uncomfortable, plus the only options seem to be long-3/4 sleeves or sleeveless, but I haven't seen a short-sleeved layering t-shirt with a good neck in AGES. I'm down to one that's not dead yet, and one that's sleeveless and also comfortable.

I like short sleeves because they keep the nice shirts from getting underarm stains.
Long sleeve tees would be useful too.

But I am built slim and always have issues with the necks being too wide on me. And not super-machmir wide, I mean silly wide.

seeker

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:30 am
And Land's End I've already tried, they look like they would be great on most average people especially if you don't have big neckline chumras, but for me they are much too low/wide.

But I'm following up on the Macys link.

MrsDash

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:36 am
They still have it. It's called "modern tee." I have a few and they're really nice.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:21 am
The Eddie Bauer and Gap Modern T look nice, but I am built like those models in the pics with stick out collarbones, so I feel like I have to wear a shell underneath, which is too hot in the summer. Any other suggestions? I'm too hot and it's only May.

gold21

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:02 pm
Shell Station cotton shells in darker colors (so they're not see-through)?

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:38 pm
Kiki Riki makes a cap sleeve shell that's available at Double Header but it's super tight and you have to majorly size up. (I prefer to buy long sleeves shells that I like and have them made into short sleeves even though the cost ends up being a lot. I need to be comfortable.)

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:41 pm
MrsDash wrote:
They still have it. It's called "modern tee." I have a few and they're really nice.

This?
http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....08012

CDL

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:44 pm
Petit bateau are expensive, but excellent in every way- neckline, fit, fabric, quality.

http://www.petit-bateau.us/ico.....age=2

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:54 pm
CDL wrote:
Petit bateau are expensive, but excellent in every way- neckline, fit, fabric, quality.

http://www.petit-bateau.us/ico.....age=2

Do they ever have white and ivory tees?
And do you know if they run true to size and how fitted?

CDL

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:48 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do they ever have white and ivory tees?
And do you know if they run true to size and how fitted?

Yes, they do. Look around their website. If you are in the U.K. Or Europe, I find the prices there lower. There are separate websites with slightly different merchandise.
They run true to size, and a little fitted. Hard to say exactly... definitely not tight though. Disregard the number size - it's confusing. Just use the S - M - L

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:49 pm
Thanks! They don't have right now. Only winter silk/woold blend.

srbmom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:51 pm
I bought the GAP modern tee and the neckline was much wider than the perfect tee. I had to return it

mommyofd1

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 3:52 pm
srbmom wrote:
I bought the GAP modern tee and the neckline was much wider than the perfect tee. I had to return it

Yes, I had the same thing - I wish I stocked up on those perfect tee's other years!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:39 pm
I don't like the fit of the modern tee either. Neckline is fine to my standards, but it's long and bulky and just generally doesn't look as put together as the perfect tee. So sad.

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:02 pm
The j crew version is nice but too thick for layering in summer: great shape and neckline and holds up to washing

https://www.jcrew.com/p/womens.....B1304
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics