Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Getting same day passport in NYC???

Goldie613

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:50 pm
Posting for a relative who needs to get a passport ASAP. Anyone know where in NYC to get a passport rushed same day/next day? I know there used to be places in Williamsburg that did this, but I don't know who does this nowadays.

Thanks

feigeleh

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:01 pm
Don't remember what it's called but if you go straight to the office where they make them in manhattan (somewhere in the 10s-20s) you can get it done same day, don't remember exactly how check online and have everything you need ready (pics etc). I did it in a few hrs but was stressfull

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:23 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Posting for a relative who needs to get a passport ASAP. Anyone know where in NYC to get a passport rushed same day/next day? I know there used to be places in Williamsburg that did this, but I don't know who does this nowadays.

Thanks

Same day? AFAIK, you need to have a life or death emergency. https://travel.state.gov/conte......html

Within a couple of weeks? Expedite. https://travel.state.gov/conte.....edite

There are expediters who can help. These guys have good reviews. http://rushpassport.com/?gclid.....JANTg

essie14

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:16 pm
There is a place in Rockefeller Center - I got a rush passport there a few years ago, I don't know if it's still there, though.

doctorima

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 3:13 pm
When this happened to someone in my family several years ago, he went to one of those heimish expediters, who got it for him in 24 hours. I've heard that you may be able to do it yourself and save the commission, but you have to know what you're doing, and if time is of the essence, I'd rather pay someone and save myself the time and stress right before a trip.

I've seen several companies that do this in Brooklyn still advertising. If you can get your hands on the Jewish phone directory, look under passports. There's one on Coney Island Avenue called Fastport Passport that has excellent reviews.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:14 pm
I used someone called Meir Birnhack. That was 8 years ago for a newborn baby (5 days) . If I remember well I paid 450$

first time mom!

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:10 pm
Just did this for myself a few weeks ago. The passport place is on Hudson street in Manhattan. Search NYC passport agency.
If you have proof of travel plans for the next day they will give it to you same day. If you have travel plans really soon but not tomorrow then you can come back the next day after 3 to pick it up.
Generally it's best to make an appointment. you can call them up to see if they have available however they probably won't. If you do not have an appointment You just wait on separate line, if you get there before 12 they say you will most likely be taken that day. After 12 they can't guarantee as they take ppl by appointment first.
See online for all the papers you need to bring with you. You can pick up a form at the local post office to fill out before hand.
Good luck! Lmk If you have any other questions!

first time mom!

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:12 pm
first time mom! wrote:
Just did this for myself a few weeks ago. The passport place is on Hudson street in Manhattan. Search NYC passport agency.
If you have proof of travel plans for the next day they will give it to you same day. If you have travel plans really soon but not tomorrow then you can come back the next day after 3 to pick it up.
Generally it's best to make an appointment. you can call them up to see if they have available however they probably won't. If you do not have an appointment You just wait on separate line, if you get there before 12 they say you will most likely be taken that day. After 12 they can't guarantee as they take ppl by appointment first.
See online for all the papers you need to bring with you. You can pick up a form at the local post office to fill out before hand.

This is also the cheapest. They don't charge more than $60 on top of the government fees

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:16 pm
first time mom! wrote:

This. I went and got it same day BH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics