Home

Covering hair while sleeping
1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


applesandhoney









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:03 pm
Do you do it? Why or why not?

I do, but it wasn't a conscious decision. More like, my hair is messy and because I don't want to fuss with it I wear a snood to bed.
Back to top

bsy









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:05 pm
No. Not comfortable
Back to top

Moonlight









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:12 pm
I probably should but I don't. Not comfortable
Back to top

doctorima









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:16 pm
Yes, I always try my best to cover even when sleeping. Obviously, I'm human and occasionally the snood will shift around and even come off.
Back to top

pesek zman









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:20 pm
No, not my hashkafah
Back to top

Sadie









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:23 pm
For me it would be like wearing shoes to bed.
Back to top

miami85









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:23 pm
Only during nidda, and I've heard that there's leeway for that, but I choose to be machmir.
Back to top

tichellady









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:42 pm
No- to me, that is not modesty at all. I know people have very different views of modesty, so not trying to offend.
Back to top

Maryann









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:50 pm
No I know my husband is upset about it...
Back to top

Librarian









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 12:52 pm
Yes, I do. It felt uncomfortable for the first few weeks of marriage but then I got used to it and I could not sleep any other way. 28 years and counting BH! It is certainly praiseworthy if you can do it. Common among many women with Hungarian backgrounds - but maybe not the new generation of marrieds.
Back to top

tigerwife









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:12 pm
miami85 wrote:
Only during nidda, and I've heard that there's leeway for that, but I choose to be machmir.


I do the same.
Back to top

iammom









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 1:12 pm
No I don't. I don't hold one has to cover their hair in their home (unless other men are around. And I'll also cover if female guests are around).
Plus it's uncomfortable.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 2:13 pm
Librarian wrote:
Yes, I do. It felt uncomfortable for the first few weeks of marriage but then I got used to it and I could not sleep any other way. 28 years and counting BH! It is certainly praiseworthy if you can do it. Common among many women with Hungarian backgrounds - but maybe not the new generation of marrieds.
Its only praiseworthy if thats what your haskafa holds.
Personally, no, I dont cover when I go to sleep. I dont cover in my house at all, unless unrelated men are in my home.
Back to top

heidi









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 2:41 pm
miami85 wrote:
Only during nidda, and I've heard that there's leeway for that, but I choose to be machmir.

Before we got married we sat with a rav who asked DH straight out-- does perfume make you h#$ny (obviously more delicately than that!)? How about singing etc. And that's how we established what we should or shouldn't do when I was niddah. My hair never even came up. I think people need to be careful when they say it is praiseworthy to cover hair at night or when niddah-- it might just be a completely ridiculous chumrah . . .
Back to top

smile12345









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 2:59 pm
heidi wrote:
Before we got married we sat with a rav who asked DH straight out-- does perfume make you h#$ny (obviously more delicately than that!)? How about singing etc. And that's how we established what we should or shouldn't do when I was niddah. My hair never even came up. I think people need to be careful when they say it is praiseworthy to cover hair at night or when niddah-- it might just be a completely ridiculous chumrah . . .


Many hold it as halacha when nidda, not chumra.
It doesn't only have to do with what he finds arousing, but to do with covering ervah when niddah. (Of course there are different opinions, but calling it a ridiculous chumrah is wrong.)
Back to top

MommyM









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 3:52 pm
Yes, I do because that's we hold that it is better to.
Back to top

heidi









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:05 pm
It's not a halacha.
It's a chumra. You can object to the word ridiculous, but it is a very dangerous, slippery slope to think that chumrot are halachot
Back to top

mommy3b2c









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:19 pm
No. It would never enter my brain to cover when sleeping. Bed is bed. I can sleep in whatever I want. Including my birthday suit if that's what I choose.
Back to top

fish









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:20 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Its only praiseworthy if thats what your haskafa holds.
Personally, no, I dont cover when I go to sleep. I dont cover in my house at all, unless unrelated men are in my home.


I dont, but its always praiseworthy to take on extra chumros even if its not ur hashkafa.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 4:39 pm
fish wrote:
I dont, but its always praiseworthy to take on extra chumros even if its not ur hashkafa.
No, it is not always praiseworthy to take on chumrot. And that is MY hashkafa.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Covering hair - hair cuts 39 Tue, Apr 12 2011, 11:13 pm View latest post
Covering hair 22 Tue, Jul 31 2012, 9:57 pm View latest post
Covering Hair Sometimes??
by amother
34 Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:50 pm View latest post
Hair covering blues 6 Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:05 am View latest post
Discussing Hair Covering
by amother
4 Thu, Oct 11 2012, 7:44 pm View latest post

Jump to:  



Report offensive ad