Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Whats market value of 30 y.o. 3 family house in heart of BP?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 7:08 am
amother wrote:
grace413 wrote:
www.zillow.com
Zillow has no houses listed in the heart of BP. I just checked. What they do have, is an old 2 family in the 9th avenue area with a $1.7 asking price. You cant get any info there. BP real estate has its own set of facts.

the 9th avenue area is more expensive than heart of bp because it's selling to another growing demographic.

to answer op, I don't know the market value of a small, medium or large house in bp, but even an empty lot will run you close to a million.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 7:10 am
Barbara wrote:
doctorima wrote:
amother wrote:
MODS:
Madua ain shum privacy l' Finance threads?

Zeh lo tov she kol echod b’aolam yachol likro es zeh. Rak achshav ra’isi es ha “thread” hazeh b Google. Lo Tov. Yesh yoser m’dai sinah v kinah, v'anti--------, anachnu lo tzrichim yoser. Zeh lo tov She kol echad yachol likroh es ha'Finances threads!!!!! Mah choshvim Hamods? Dvarim lo tovim yotzim mi’zeh. Zeh m'od lo matzchik. Madua lo choshvim she'yesh threads she haim tzrichim li'hiyos private? Me'od lo tov.

I guess I'm just naive, but what am I missing here that's so top secret and hush hush about the price of houses in a neighborhood in Brooklyn?

ACRIS has the price of every building (and condo/coop) in NYC, so its hardly a secret.
Acris is beyond our control. But, right on! If you got it, flaunt it. My point is that strictly threads of a financial nature should not be public. Is that so hard for the site to do? Perhaps they ought to weigh the gains against potential problems.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Oct 23 2013, 9:27 am
I dont see the big deal. NY is insanely expensive- whole world knows that.

ida1

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:22 pm
are you still looking to sell this house. would be interested!

amother wrote:
They built them mostly in 3 widths.

In your opinion,

Whats the market value of 20 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 20 foot wide property, no driveway) _____________________________________

Whats the market value of 25 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 25 foot wide property, no driveway) _____________________________________

Whats the market value of 30 foot wide, 3 family house in heart of BP, thats 30 y.o. (usually on a 40 foot wide property, usually with driveway) ___________________________

country

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:53 pm
3 family brick 20 X 60 on 100 lot goes for approx 1.9

ida1

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:55 pm
do you know of any 3 fam for sale wider than 20 feet?

country wrote:
3 family brick 20 X 60 on 100 lot goes for approx 1.9

das

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
I don't care about making things public. I want to know how in the world frum people can afford $1mil+ home when I'm struggling buying a $300,000 home!

Because they have more money than you. Surprisingly enough, not all frum ppl have thh same income.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:03 pm
Seems like most of you have no idea how much prices went up in Boro park. I would guess a 3 family house in the heart of Boro Park would go for close to $2 million.

I just bought a house that must be thrown down (it's a very big old house that's being divided between different buyers). We paid 1.2 for the property - and we also have to pay to throw the house down. We plan on making it into a 3 story, 2 family house - one person on the first/basement and one on the 2nd/3rd. It's prob gonna cost around $700k to build the house.

Someone I know paid 1.3 for a 20' house that's attached on both sides. He ended up fixing it up and put in another $400k. That was 2 years ago so that same property is for sure worth more now. That was a 2 story one family house plus a basement.

cnc

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
Seems like most of you have no idea how much prices went up in Boro park. I would guess a 3 family house in the heart of Boro Park would go for close to $2 million.

I just bought a house that must be thrown down (it's a very big old house that's being divided between different buyers). We paid 1.2 for the property - and we also have to pay to throw the house down. We plan on making it into a 3 story, 2 family house - one person on the first/basement and one on the 2nd/3rd. It's prob gonna cost around $700k to build the house.

Someone I know paid 1.3 for a 20' house that's attached on both sides. He ended up fixing it up and put in another $400k. That was 2 years ago so that same property is for sure worth more now. That was a 2 story one family house plus a basement.

Realize that this post is from 4 years ago, so the responses reflect that.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:35 pm
Oh I didn't realize it was an old post. That does make a big difference

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:48 pm
I know of a house on 42 street and 14&15 ave. (heart of bp) without a driveway. attached on both sides went for 1.4 million. its more then 30yrs old. 2 family. you can check on zillow to see what those houses look like. although I am sure you know what I mean if your asking. the houses are rising like crazy.

the house I am talking about is about 100 yrs old. so I imagine 30is considered pretty new compared to what I just mentioned. so it would probably go for more. and the taxes would possibly be higher.

tkren

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 6:41 pm
ida1 wrote:
do you know of any 3 fam for sale wider than 20 feet?

I know of a 2 family 25*100 for 2 million, message me if interested.

sky

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
Not everyone. Only successful businesspeople and their kids. The larger percentage in BP cant afford it. Hence the problem and the reason some move. Lakewood, for one, is starting to bustle with Chassidish shuls, and homes with front lawns and space start at $250,000.

4 years made a HUGE difference in Lakewood as well...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics