Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
It's HOT! So I'm not getting anything done :(

seeker

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:04 pm
This heat is just zapping all my energy. I have a reasonable a/c in my bedroom but there isn't that much that needs doing there, the only thing I can really accomplish in the bedroom is preparing or folding laundry. My kitchen is a wreck with a week's worth of dishes because I just can't stand it in there. We've been eating mostly yogurt and other things that require minimal preparation. My living/all-purpose room is only doing slightly better, it gets a little of the air flowing out of the bedroom and it doesn't get dirty quite as quickly as the kitchen - but still, I just haven't had the energy to really clean up.

And most of my papers and stuff are in the kitchen, too, it's basically my office. So my paper/computer/organization task management is pretty lame the last couple of days too. I can move the computer to the living room but not long term because the table is needed for other stuff. And it's still hot in there. And much of what I need to do is the stuff that you can't just do sitting down in one place. And sitting down in one place is the only thing I feel like in this blasted weather!

Whew

ChillPill ChillPill ChillPill ChillPill ChillPill Oh well, the chill pills aren't helping. What

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:31 pm
The heat is the worst. I know the feeling. I can't stand it either.
Can you get fans and put them around the house? Usually helps a lot. When you need to wash dishes or whatever, position it towards you while you work.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:21 am
Hmm I'm the opposite. When it's cold all o want to do is huddle under the covers and not move Smile

When the house is warm and toasty I can accomplish more.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 9:26 am
I lived many years without air conditioning throughout the house. It's hell. When it's hot it's really hot inside as well. I remember sweat poring down my body when doing dishes. And yes, avoiding cleaning when it got like that.

And then you also feel cooped up in the bedroom! I remember serving supper in the bedroom because it was the only cool place. But also going crazy from being confined like that.

Some suggestions. A box window fan helps a lot. The more the merrier.

At night it's often cooler. Take a good nap (siesta) and then stay up later to clean.

A good cool shower after cleaning. Very delicious!

Bh we moved since then and we now have air conditioning everywhere besides the bathroom:)

I give you a Bracha the same should happen to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics