Home

Bitachon vs. Hishtadlus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Rose

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 7:19 am
I've had some tough experiences in my life and want to have bitachon that Hashem only does for the best. However, I keep obsessing over whether or not I've made enough hishtadlus and whether I could have changed things through my actions. This has caused me anguish and I wish I could have more peace of mind. How do we balance two, seemingly contradictory, ideas?

amother

Powderblue

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 7:24 am
There must be a lot of shiurim on this topic. Checkout Torah anytime u should be able to find many there. Regardless. You can still have a discussion about it here.

Ultimately it's all in Hashem hands. Look back at the experience s you had and see if any of them keep happening again and see if. You could handle them better or different you might get insight or you can tell us some of them and we might be of help.

Kudos to you for. Being aware. It's the first place for change

life is fun

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 7:46 am
amother wrote:
I've had some tough experiences in my life and want to have bitachon that Hashem only does for the best. However, I keep obsessing over whether or not I've made enough hishtadlus and whether I could have changed things through my actions. This has caused me anguish and I wish I could have more peace of mind. How do we balance two, seemingly contradictory, ideas?

It's a difficult question because hishtadlus depends on every individuals level how much bitochon a person has.
I may feel that I need to contact 20 places til I get a job and someone else may think 10 is enough and then wait.
The outcome isn't depended on the hishtadlus we do. It's all Hashems doing after all and we just do how much we feel we need to according to our level.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational