Home

Dr. Stein's office is obsessed w/ Child Protective Services
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

marina

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:27 pm
I dk how it is in NY, but in some places, mandated reporters who fail to report risk criminal and civil liability. In other words, you can go to jail or lose a lot of money- not just your license if it later turns out that you should have reported.

So I can see why some nurses or other mandated reporters would err on the side of protecting themselves, even if they're not really sure about the child.

amother

Pink

Post  Thu, May 18 2017, 10:44 pm
When my father became district attorney he was concerned about child abuse and domestic violence. Mandated reporter laws were on the books but he discovered in some cases that there were early signed of abuse noted but not reported until the victim was in really bad shape (murdered or severely injured).

He then decided to go to groups of mandated reporters, (teachers, nurses, doctors groups) educate them about their duty and then make it clear that if someone failed to report that they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There is all kinds of fraud and false testimony given in the criminal and civil legal systems. This is terrible and causes a lot of innocent people pain, reputation and money.

However, mandated reporters must take their job seriously. Not try to gin up accusations, but to identify signs of abuse that must be reported. Victims here are in very vulnerable positions and need protection when they can't protect themselves.

amother

Pearl

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 12:43 am
Hi, original Amother, Pearl here. I really appreciate all porter's insight and manner on this thread. I have spent all all gathering more information so that I can be better informed about what has been going on. It has been an exhausting day that has me thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with our community leaders.

amother

Coffee

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
Hi, original Amother, Pearl here. I really appreciate all porter's insight and manner on this thread. I have spent all all gathering more information so that I can be better informed about what has been going on. It has been an exhausting day that has me thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with our community leaders.

Telk me something I didn't already know Sad

amother

Lavender

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 9:15 am
As someone who has been the recipient of emotional and verbal abuse for years, I will say that one really never knows what goes on behind closed doors. My husband is a rav. People love him. The people he works with love him. No one has any idea. I keep quiet. I talk to no one about it (other than a therapist I saw for a few years). For those of you who say "well the husband is a rabbi, so he can't be doing x, y and z to his family" or "those things don't happen in our community"....you are so WRONG. These things do happen. And people are scared to speak up.

Yes, there are mandated reporters who go over the top, and make a cps call where it wasn't warranted. But think about how many people they save from the depths of torture?

I give a lot of credit to this pediatrician's office. I actually knew Dr. Stein as a med student. While kind and caring, I am sure she would stand by this and not let any child get hurt.

amother

Coral

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 9:26 am
Lavender, I feel for you. I suffered for a few years and got divorced because I couldn't deal with the abuse.

I hated my dex. So much I'm greatful to Hashem I was able to get rid of him. But you do what works for you. No one should tell you what to do it's your decision.

Remember that you deserve to be treated with respect so treat yourself with respect and to the ones who don't it's their loss. They have lost an opportunity to follow the Torah.

amother

Lavender

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
Lavender, I feel for you. I suffered for a few years and got divorced because I couldn't deal with the abuse.

I hated my dex. So much I'm greatful to Hashem I was able to get rid of him. But you do what works for you. No one should tell you what to do it's your decision.

Remember that you deserve to be treated with respect so treat yourself with respect and to the ones who don't it's their loss. They have lost an opportunity to follow the Torah.

Thank you. I know. And every single day I try to figure out what I am going to do for myself and my children. It's tough. It needs to be handled with care. Just this morning (and it's only 9:30 am) there have been 3 "incidents".

amother

Magenta

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 9:35 am
amother wrote:
As someone who has been the recipient of emotional and verbal abuse for years, I will say that one really never knows what goes on behind closed doors. My husband is a rav. People love him. The people he works with love him. No one has any idea. I keep quiet. I talk to no one about it (other than a therapist I saw for a few years). For those of you who say "well the husband is a rabbi, so he can't be doing x, y and z to his family" or "those things don't happen in our community"....you are so WRONG. These things do happen. And people are scared to speak up.

Yes, there are mandated reporters who go over the top, and make a cps call where it wasn't warranted. But think about how many people they save from the depths of torture?

I give a lot of credit to this pediatrician's office. I actually knew Dr. Stein as a med student. While kind and caring, I am sure she would stand by this and not let any child get hurt.

I am so sorry Sad as a child of a well known rav and rebbetzin I was the recipient of emotional, verbal, and zexual abuse as well. I stand in awe of your strength Hug

amother

Jade

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 11:30 am
amother wrote:

Is any of your additional information shareable?

amother

Pearl

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:
Is any of your additional information shareable?

With discretion.... I can try. There is so much damage control needed. Stupid ignorant Ravs and Askans in the community misguiding the parents here...

amother

Pearl

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:

Lavender, I am so sorry... Hug

amother

Pumpkin

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 2:38 pm
I was once sitting with an askan and he was on the phone with someone about (it seemed) a mashgiach or rebbe that touched a boy on purim when he was drunk and he was telling this guy that he shouldn't fire him till the year is over so ppl shouldn't know. This was a little after Pesach.

allthingsblue

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
I was once sitting with an askan and he was on the phone with someone about (it seemed) a mashgiach or rebbe that touched a boy on purim when he was drunk and he was telling this guy that he shouldn't fire him till the year is over so ppl shouldn't know. This was a little after Pesach.

Oy. I hope you have the "Askan" an earful.

crust

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
With discretion.... I can try. There is so much damage control needed. Stupid ignorant Ravs and Askans in the community misguiding the parents here...

Sweetheart. 360 degree turn in less than a day. That's quick!
24 hours ago you were one of those misleading askanim.
So now you want us to dwindle the thread into a Rav Askan bashing thread?
Get a thorough Education for yourself first.
Or I will have to believe your a troll.

Yael3

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 5:04 pm
I have been a mandated reporter for 17 years. During that time, I have made 3 phone calls to child protective services. It is not our job to investigate, it is our job to report. A call does not mean that families are going to get broken up without good cause. The call ensures that the claims will be investigated, as they should be.

amother

Pearl

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 5:29 pm
crust wrote:
Sweetheart. 360 degree turn in less than a day. That's quick!
24 hours ago you were one of those misleading askanim.
So now you want us to dwindle the thread into a Rav Askan bashing thread?
Get a thorough Education for yourself first.
Or I will have to believe your a troll.

It isn't my style to stoop low and copy you in making a mockery of my lack of intelligence, but.... my dear, you mean a 180 degree turn! If I were doing a 360 degree turn, I would land right where I started! You do realize how many degrees a full circle is, do you not? Guess my degree is worth something, after all! Very Happy

Based on new information I obtained, I do see how things got to where they did. I still feel strongly that the nurse acted in a very extreme manner and did not do due diligence. However, I'm not stuck in my ways - I can admit when I got things messed up. This thread needn't be a Rav bashing thread at all. I just voiced my frustration based on new info that came to me.

A troll? Lol! Ha, if you only knew which amother I am, you'd get good laugh and say how typical it is of me to get all heated and passionate.

Have a peaceful shabbos!

crust

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 5:41 pm
Im happy your only defence is 360 or 180.
My intuition is that you have an agenda and you are trying to hear the daas hakuhul here.
You got everyone's opinion about the CPS thing. Now you want to hear what everyone's opinion is about askanim etc.
Prove me wrong.

amother

Hotpink

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 5:42 pm
crust wrote:
Im happy your only defence is 360 or 180.
My intuition is that you have an agenda and you are trying to hear the daas hakuhul here.
You got everyone's opinion about the CPS thing. Now you want to hear what everyone's opinion is about askanim etc.
Prove me wrong.

I think you're very intuitive and on the mark.

amother

Chocolate

Post  Fri, May 19 2017, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
It isn't my style to stoop low and copy you in making a mockery of my lack of intelligence, but.... my dear, you mean a 180 degree turn! If I were doing a 360 degree turn, I would land right where I started! You do realize how many degrees a full circle is, do you not? Guess my degree is worth something, after all! Very Happy

Based on new information I obtained, I do see how things got to where they did. I still feel strongly that the nurse acted in a very extreme manner and did not do due diligence. However, I'm not stuck in my ways - I can admit when I got things messed up. This thread needn't be a Rav bashing thread at all. I just voiced my frustration based on new info that came to me.

A troll? Lol! Ha, if you only knew which amother I am, you'd get good laugh and say how typical it is of me to get all heated and passionate.

Have a peaceful shabbos!

In what capacity are you so involved in this situation? And if you have found out there are concerning things going on in this home why do you think the NP acted inappropriately?

amother

Gray

Post  Sat, May 20 2017, 5:17 am
amother wrote:
Your post has no connection to the topic at hand.

But I had to comment on this part of it. You know a mother who never asks her children to change a #2 diaper? I should jolly well hope not. I come from a family of 9 and we would have been horrified if my mother expected us to change any diapers at all, of whatever number or form.

Yeah seriously, mother of Ka"h many kids here and never crossed my mind to have them change diapers.
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Recent Topics

Page 7 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h