Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms or something else?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:02 pm
Here's the story. Maybe someone dealt with this and can advise me...
Dd age 4 has been complaining for a year already (!!!) About pain down there. So first it was mrsa. We gave her all the stuff they say helps it. Colloidal silver, miracle clay, Manuka honey etc. It went away.
Every now and then she complains of pain, usually at night, but many times during the day. We took her to the doctor and tested her for pinworms. It was positive. Gave her the meds, did all the stuff, and it doesn't seem to go away.
It seems to be a sharp kind of pain. Not just discomfort or itching.
Yesterday she was crying in school so bad I got called to pick her up. I asked her how much it hurt on a scale of 1-10. She told me that the pain was 10 and now it's a 3. This leads me to believe that it comes in attacks.
Dh took her back to the Dr today and the Dr gave him another pinworm test to do at home. She didnt want to even take a blood test. I feel like its something more than pinworms.
Anyone???

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:43 pm
Bump

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:11 pm
Bump for evening crowd...

Ahuva

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:32 pm
In my experience pinworms can be THAT bad.
What did you treat the pinworms with?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:39 pm
I gave dd the pills the Dr prescribed- 2 weeks apart and washed her bed sheets again and again.
Funny thing is that nobody else in my household has it. And it definitely isn't from winkies candy.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 3:37 am
amother wrote:
I gave dd the pills the Dr prescribed- 2 weeks apart and washed her bed sheets again and again.
Funny thing is that nobody else in my household has it. And it definitely isn't from winkies candy.
HUh? Pinworm can be from dirt getting under the fingernails, it can be from not washing properly in the v@gina and behind. There are other reasons too.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.co.....4.php

amother
Peach

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 4:37 am
What did the newer pinworms test say? If it keeps coming back positive, then you may need to discuss an alternate treatment.
If not pinworms, is it possible that she has a constipation issue but doesn't know how to describe that to you?

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 4:40 am
has she been checked and tested for a uti? symptoms vary from person to person.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:50 am
It sounds like she needs a full workup at a gastroenterologist. Refuah Shelaima.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:51 am
What sort of test do they do for pinworms?

Ahuva

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:35 pm
In my family only one of my children kept getting pinworms ( and no winkies either...) nothing worked long term till I finally got a prescription for Vermox. That bh helped.
Good luck

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:51 pm
We didn't get the results yet for the new test. I'm worried that it is an infection, and that's why I'm upset the Dr didn't do any other testing.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:

Most probably other members DO have it.
Sigh. Pinworms are an epidemic.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 3:12 pm
One of my kids had these symptoms every time they had a strep throat. My pediatrician had told me it's a normal symptom for strep and did a throat culture. It was usually positive.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 3:49 pm
I can tell you my 7 yr old has had similar symptoms for close to two years already. She definitely has had pinworms on and off, used otc med cuz Dr said same as prescription. Had inflammation as per a gynecologist, given steroid cream. Is also very sensory, which exacerbates it all.

No real advice, still looking for a solution for my daughter...

Hatzlacha!

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:
One of my kids had these symptoms every time they had a strep throat. My pediatrician had told me it's a normal symptom for strep and did a throat culture. It was usually positive.

Really? Wow.
Thank you all for responding!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics