Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Book about frum life written by a non Jew

amother
Coral

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 11:06 pm
My daughter just finished her second semester of college. Unfortunately she did not want to go to Touro or Stern and goes to Queens College. She still lives at home and she loves telling me about her classes. she took a creative writing course this semester and told me there's a girl (non Jew) writing a book about the heimishe community. I don't have a problem with it but I wonder how accurate a portrayal it will be of the heimishe community. My daughter read three pages and she said it was decent enough but very dry and the Yiddish the girl uses is from google translate.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 11:11 pm
I'm not sure I see the problem here. If the book is dry, no one is going to publish it.

If you want to see realistic representations of the heimish community​, you should encourage religious kids to read good literature and to study creative writing.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 11:16 pm
It's creative writing, not non-fiction! No harm - it's not likely going to be published. I'd be concerned if there were anti-semetic undertones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics