Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep success!

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 9:40 am
My 20 month old baby has been waking up at night screaming without allowing us to calm him down. This was a half hour to an hour session of shreaks were the whole household and probably neighborhood heard him. And this went on every two hours!

I was searching online for methods and tried them all.

Baruch Hashem, inspiration hit. So what we do now is I go into the room and lay him down, he pops up. When he's fully standing I softly lay him down again, no words no negative vibes. Yes ladies this goes on and on- 10 minutes. Then he's only sitting up, little guy is tiring. And eventually he just stayed laying. Now he could finally hear the mobile and slowly drifts off to sleep. 15 minute total!

With much appreciation to Hakadosh Baruch Hu, he slept for 6.5 hours after that. Poo poo poo, may he continue to improve his sleep routine.

I felt like I was there supporting him and actively doing something, unlike other methods of leaving, letting him scream it out...

pesek zman

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 11:02 am
Sounds like it may have been night terrors.

rgr

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 11:48 am
pesek zman wrote:
Sounds like it may have been night terrors.

What do you recommend to do about night terrors?

pesek zman

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 11:55 am
[quote="rgr"]What do you recommend to do about night terrors?[/quote

Nothing to do. You're doing the right thing. My 2 year old has them sometimes too, she thrashes around and doesn't respond to is. Scary. I usually put her somewhere safe (her crib) so she won't hurt herself

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 6:09 pm
The baby woke up from habit, since he always woke up at his liking and got nursed back to sleep. Now in the weaning process, he sleeps for longer stretches but is mad when he wakes up and not being nursed.
He has good reason to be upset, but the screaming had to end.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 7:38 am
HELP!
It only worked one night:(

Share what works for you in sleep training.

Please

pesek zman

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 7:53 am
Sleep training takes time! Keep doing what worked the first time. Expect it to take several weeks, because it will. The quick methods are tougher so probably won't appeal to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics