Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How can I cover my pool?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:37 pm
We just bought one of those big blow up pools (10'x6'x22") that holds about 300 gallons of water. Once it gets warm enough we would like to fill it and put in our backyard.

Problem is, I don't want to have to fill and empty it every day but I don't want it to attract mosquitos and small animals so I don't want to leave it open.

Any suggestions on how I could cover it? (Or any other way to deal with the situation)

Thanks!

(Anon b/c I've been asking everyone irl about it)

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:45 pm
Covers are available for them online. Check Amazon. Or you can buy a tarp that is larger than the pool and use water filled jugs tied to grommets as counter weights.

Be sure to add some bleach to it every once in a while if the water isn't getting changed or it will just be a petri dish for bacteria. (Check on line to find out how much bleach to use per 100 gallons.)

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:58 pm
Do you have small kids? Children can drown in this type of pool in a matter of seconds. Please don't leave water in a pool that is unfenced if you have small children. Please please be careful.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:03 pm
I was going to say the same about the pool. Please make sure it is fenced in safely for both your children and neighborhood children. Besides being the law in many cities and affecting your home owners insurance - your neighbors may not be happy if the pool isn't properly fenced.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:22 pm
We have a regular in ground pool. My dh and the pool guys do most of the maintanence and it's a lot- testing chlorine levels, pool shock, checking filtration, plus daily sweeping. You might have to do the same.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:28 pm
Thanks for the info, Magenta Yenta. I found the cover on Amazon and will IY"H order it.

In terms of the safety issue, our youngest is almost 7 and has learned water safety. I still would obviously not let her go swimming alone, but she will not open/ go in the pool without permission.

Our house/yard are set back from the street and are not from the yards the kids tend to play in (there are a few yards on the block with swing sets, etc that allow the kids to come play).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics