Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan my 2-3 day solo vacation
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:59 pm
Miri7 wrote:
My ideal solo vacation would be somewhere with a porch or balcony with a nice view, on the ocean or forest, where I could go for long walks.

A good reading spot would be a necessity.

Ditto but I need to add that really good coffee is another necessity. And absolutely no cellphone reception. Bliss!

crust

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
Crust: Everything just takes longer. Most breaks don't require a cast for so long. However O got a special break. Maybe because, I asked for it.

Come on.
I understand that it's very frustrating. But please don't say this. Maybe you enjoy thinking this way But to me It's very depressing to think; 'I said I need a break so Hashem gave me a broken foot.' Do you really think Hashem doesn't know that the word break has more than one definition?
Be yourself mechazik. Don't put yourself down. That's not your job.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:24 am
I'm actually very good about. I didn't vent at all,l like I can't sleep, or I sit on the couch all day. I function as usual, but a little slower. I just found it very funny. I know it will pass.

crust

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 7:35 am
amother wrote:
I'm actually very good about. I didn't vent at all,l like I can't sleep, or I sit on the couch all day. I function as usual, but a little slower. I just found it very funny. I know it will pass.

Ok. I misunderstood you. G'luck

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:39 am
So now that you've decided where to go you decided not to share anymore?
I feel very left out. Crying Crying

ValleyMom

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 10:06 am
In all seriousness my vote is for Shelter Island.

this is a small island only accessible by ferry from the end of Long Island or Connecticut.

There is a nice hotel on the island with beautiful views of the water.

Lots of quiet because it is off season.

I've been there and the whole island is fast asleep as soon as dark settles in.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:09 am
ValleyMom wrote:
In all seriousness my vote is for Shelter Island.

this is a small island only accessible by ferry from the end of Long Island or Connecticut.

There is a nice hotel on the island with beautiful views of the water.

Lots of quiet because it is off season.

I've been there and the whole island is fast asleep as soon as dark settles in.

I searched a bit and although this island seems very tempting for a true quiet relaxing experience, I'm afraid the traveling will be too much of a hassle now (yeah, I'm that exhausted) and I might visit there when I need a quiet vacay with my hubby.

Any other ideas similar to the above with less traveling time and distance?

Thanks Valley Mom

crust

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:45 am
Would you consider Grand Cascades?
It's only a one hour ride.

DVOM

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:58 pm
Oh my gosh OP! I am so happy for you! I wish I could get away by myself (or better yet, with my husband) for a few days. I'm totally going to live vicariously with this list. So here's my top 5:

1)The cloisters, NYC: This is my all-time best place to go on my own in Manhattan. It's very local, so if you'r too worn out to travel far this is really close, but you'll feel like your in a different world. I could spend days wandering and getting lost in this museum. Many many days. Book a hotel nearby, and your set. Close by are YU's Cafe, and some other kosher places to eat in Washington Heights.

2)New Hope, PA: This tiny little town has a lovely old downtown with antique and art shops to browse in. The town was built alongside a lovely, slow moving river.

3)Barnaget Bay, NJ: The most beautiful, undeveloped beach on the Jersey Shore. Climb up to the top of the light house, walk to the end of the bay where the beach juts out into the ocean and collect the most beautiful, enormous seashells you've ever seen.

4)I second those who recommended Cape May, NJ. The beach is great, you can catch a half or hole day fishing or cruising boat ride, and the streets are lined with beautiful victorian homes. There's also a nice lighthouse.

5)Lancaster PA: I know its touristy, but I love the countryside and farmland in this area. Spend a day in the Lancaster Reuse Center. For one dollar you can spend as much time as you want at their art table creating anything you want. We've gone with my kids, and I'm dying to go back myself.

yksraya

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 3:24 pm
Anywhere with a beach, and kosher food nearby.

Do you like spa service? If so, make sure hotel has that, or close to hotel.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics