Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Outside Food in Restaurant

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:44 am
Wasn't sure where to put this ...

I was out with DS2 the other day, and we decided to stop in to a fast food style fleishig place. Its mostly takeout, but has tables for people who want to eat there; they're mostly used by people waiting for orders.

While we were waiting, two young women came in. Clearly frum, with mid-calf skirts and long sleeves. One was eating a frozen treat. It looked like ice cream or yogurt, but it could have been parve, I suppose. She was eating it while she ordered, and continued eating while waiting for her order. In fact, she finished it, wiped her hands, and discarded the cup.

I was always under the impression that outside food could not be eaten in kosher places, lest it endanger the kashrut certification. So I was surprised it was allowed. I was particularly surprised since it appeared to be dairy.

Had I not already ordered and paid, I would have left. But I probably won't go back.

Curious if others would be OK with this.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 10:55 am
There are rules, but considering that it was a visibly frum lady I think you can assume it was parve. And the fact that it's a take out place and they're not sitting at tables set with dishes, flatware, etc.... what can they treyf up anyhow if it was dairy. So, yes, there are rules, they should be enforced, but I can't see this as something to get so worked up about that I'd never go back again.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:04 am
There will always be people who think rules weren't meant for them.

Yes what they did was wrong.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
There are rules, but considering that it was a visibly frum lady I think you can assume it was parve. And the fact that it's a take out place and they're not sitting at tables set with dishes, flatware, etc.... what can they treyf up anyhow if it was dairy. So, yes, there are rules, they should be enforced, but I can't see this as something to get so worked up about that I'd never go back again.

This
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries