Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Mushroom knish

muss

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 12:31 am
Anyone have a good mushroom knish recipe - or even just the filling and does it freeze well?
Thanks

muss

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 1:59 am
I left out - using fresh mushrooms not canned. Anyone with a recipe?

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 9:48 am
I made mushroom borekas, same kinda thing...I fried up onions and added fresh mushrooms and jst fried for ages and added salt, pepper and a drop of flour to take away the juice from the mushrooms...it came really good.
G'luck

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Aug 11 2010, 10:42 am
Slice/chop coarsly mushrooms. Peel garlic (I use 2-3 cloves for 500-750g mushrooms). Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a LARGE skillet. Fry mushrooms & garlic, season with salt & pepper, I like to add soy sauce or onion soup mix. Continue frying till almost all liquid evaporates. You'll have full panfull of mushroom but they shrink a lot. Once cooled, either leave as is or whizz in a processor (handblender will do) VERY BRIEFLY to coarse pate consistency. Add matza meals or breadcrumbs if the filling looks too moist. (this is the trick for no-weepy knish/brekas).

You can freeze this. I usually make mushroom brekas triangles with frozen fillo dough. This is also good served as appetiser, or topping for pasta or added to omlette/scrambled eggs.

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 6:37 pm
Anybody has exact measurements for a knish roll? approx how many mushrooms?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes