Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Comical reality

Reesa

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:15 pm

Jeanette

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:20 pm
The only joke is $15,000 tuition a year for 5 kids. Are you kidding me???? More like $30,000.

crust

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:21 pm
Its comical but it's not a reality.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:28 pm
Jeanette wrote:
The only joke is $15,000 tuition a year for 5 kids. Are you kidding me???? More like $30,000.

More like 50,000. And if your mo, more like $150,000

Reesa

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:02 am
Good point. That would make the equation much worse.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:51 am
Very true in my community. The name of the game is to make more programs and many families have all the above programs. We are earning about $50k a year no programs only Medicaid and we are in debt while everyone around is using their tax returns to save up for a house or go to the mountains for the summer.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:55 am
In the chassidish community the tuition amounts make sense. And also the more kids you have the more food stamps and section 8 you get so there is no financial stress to having babies. In fact, there is extra money now so they can afford to buy fancy bugaboos, outfits ect.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 1:04 am
If you are making 50k you should be on all tge programs. HUD threshold for a family of 3kids is 54k. You would also be eligible for WIC. And I sure hope your getting a tax return. This year we made 63k and we got a return of almost 4k. Just saying.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 1:07 am
amother wrote:
In the chassidish community the tuition amounts make sense. And also the more kids you have the more food stamps and section 8 you get so there is no financial stress to having babies. In fact, there is extra money now so they can afford to buy fancy bugaboos, outfits ect.

If the new federal budget is passed there will be significant changes/cuts made to programs like SNAP, Medicaid and childrens insurance programs.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 1:08 am
And I must also add that I know the graphic is a joke but in reality it doesn't work that way. I've been in both positions and trust me there s slot more menu has hanefesh on the 100k end. Posts like these are the excuse people tell themselves so they don't feel bad not trying to make more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics